2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back to Leanne’s vault score…did she get double penalized? Looks like it to me. The D panel downgraded her to a pod, but E looks like they deducted for insufficient stretch. Ridiculous.

Jones would be doing this routine

Toe 1/1 + Downie + Pak + Van Leeuwen
Toe 1/2 + giant + double front

too short, it’s barf-worthy
But I mean, for sure she’d have to try to take more out of those? So, harder pirouettes, or harder releases, or harder dismount? Plus, she could do a lone E release to substitute one D. I’m not sure the routines would look like the ones we have now minus 2 skills.

plus it would make fucking sense to, for example, do a hristakieva, since less elements, big elements count more, even if you can’t connect.

Back to Leanne’s vault score…did she get double penalized? Looks like it to me. The D panel downgraded her to a pod, but E looks like they deducted for insufficient stretch. Ridiculous.
that’s what happens… it’s crazy

I think part of why PH bores me is because there’s little correlation between what is difficult and what looks impressive. Basically all the circles with legs together look like week sauce compared to a stunning flair

Do the Brits have any hope of pulling off a medal somewhere? What finalists do they have left?

Do the Brits have any hope of pulling off a medal somewhere? What finalists do they have left?
Jarman on vault is the best bet.
For WAG, it’s Kinsella FX
MAG have Jarman and Hepworth on VT and Hepworth on rings

Last edited:
I think part of why PH bores me is because there’s little correlation between what is difficult and what looks impressive. Basically all the circles with legs together look like week sauce compared to a stunning flair
Case in point, why is Whitlock ahead of Chiba Kenta? Whitlock’s routine did not look a whole point more difficult, I hate this event

Maybe MAG vault. Jarman and Hepworth are both in that. For the women it’s just Kinsella on floor, which isn’t realistic.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back