2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

we should not be here thinking whether Andrade’s vaults should be enough to beat simone today. I don’t know what that means, whether it’s 2.0 for a fall or whatever, but we just should not.
The idea of a larger deduction for a vault fall has been mooted before. On the grounds that it represents a bigger percentage of the exercise than it does on, say, beam.

If Laurant had not stood on the podium, Simone would have won. Ponder that.

Two gymnasts were reserves for the 2021 Tokyo VT final with a Chusovitina II and Baitova (Steingruber and Murakami Mai) not to mention Skinner obviously didn’t qualify. Vaulting is the best it has ever been

I think everything but bars has regressed, on average.
Floor I don’t think has and at least you have to tick some “artistry” boxes now. Beam is an absolute snooze fest and comes down to who managed to join their leaps

Last edited:
Anyony have the eastern time the UB is scheduled to begin? I have plans and want to try to be back for it. Gotta root for Nemour to smash it.

Last edited:
Anyony have the eastern time the UB is scheduled to begin? I have plans and want to try to be back for it. Gotta root for Nemour to smash it.
Idk for sure but I’d say hop back on in 45 minutes and you’re safe

I’m tired of double tucks like it’s 1980, though.
We’re definitely seeing less of them this code than last code. Many are realising the benefits of 3 passes. We don’t need to see a double tuck from someone who has already tumbled 2 or 3 other double saltos

I think the all around has gotten more interesting, although yesterday’s splatfest was disappointing. Bars is ok, I’d argue floor is better, even with the double tucks, beam is the worst at the moment, vault is not that bad, the judging is tho.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back