2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I haven’t had enough time to absorb Andrade’s VT dominance. 2020 Olympics, 2021 Worlds, 2023 Worlds… that’s nearly a full quad’s worth of gold medals

At the rate this competition is moving, I’ll be able to catch bars. Which is absolutely ridiculous. They have got to figure out a better way to run event finals.
It seems like it usually runs faster when they alternate routines between men and women (1 floor, 1 vault, back to floor) since the judging is usually done and they’re ready to go by the time they switch back to the other event.

We’re definitely seeing less of them this code than last code. Many are realising the benefits of 3 passes. We don’t need to see a double tuck from someone who has already tumbled 2 or 3 other double saltos
I’m probably the only one, but I like four pass routines, especially when a lot of these women are getting dance elements devalued. I just don’t know why a double tuck has the difficulty value it has, and I think leap passes should actually be connected.

Last edited:
I really think 6 elements would move us in the right direction in all three events. And get E-scores on vt straight.

6 on bars would be depressing. At least 7 (I know the odd number seems weird)

Jones would be doing this routine

Toe 1/1 + Downie + Pak + Van Leeuwen
Toe 1/2 + giant + double front

too short, it’s barf-worthy

Last edited:
Agreed about bars. But beam has become a compulsory routine for everyone aside from a key skill here or there. If everyone does a side aerial, does the side aerial really exist? Can we just cancel it? etc

Agreed about bars. But beam has become a compulsory routine for everyone aside from a key skill here or there. If everyone does a side aerial, does the side aerial really exist? Can we just cancel it? etc
It’s so weird because for a long time (90s and early 00s) side aerials were’t a thing, at least not since the 80s.

Last edited:
Side aerial was my “easy C” for beam in 1997! Because I was a tremendously shitty level 9.

Lee is pretty spectacular with his hip flexibility. That being said, I’d rather watch the men do ribbon dancing

FYI, Gymcastic tweeted that Roberson is still in a boot. So her statements about being fine and it just being precautionary after team finals were clearly not based on reality.

Last edited:
FYI, Gymnastics tweeted that Roberson is still in a boot. So her statements about being fine and it just being precautionary after team finals were clearly not based on reality.
yeah I thought that was really odd. No one hobbles along on one leg for fear that the other fine one might combust

FYI, Gymcastic tweeted that Roberson is still in a boot. So her statements about being fine and it just being precautionary after team finals were clearly not based on reality.
Cecile said she was warming up and trying to give it a go.

Probably not a great idea. She was on crutches what, two days ago?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back