2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, no. But some despicables on SM are suggesting that Strug was the consummate patriot and Simone isn’t.

Not that patriotism should have fuck-all to do with fuck-all.

Last edited:
I was having a different conversation on Twitter about Kerri Strug in that somebody said she was forced to do that second vault. I don’t know about forced, but she didn’t need to do the second vault for the USA to win gold, but to qualify for the AA final.

Reactions: Dex
Someone made a post on Twitter (or some other social media) about how Kerri Strug is rolling over in her grave after Simone withdrawing today. It was very stupid.

Yes yes, and athletes are so soft these days. So soft that they win world championships while battling kidney stones. Clearly 99% of Twitter has zero clue about Simone’s competitive accomplishments.

Someone made a post on Twitter (or some other social media) about how Kerri Strug is rolling over in her grave after Simone withdrawing today. It was very stupid.
Its just idiotic. Because one thing has nothing to do with another. Simone has now clarified that she is struggling with (I believe her own words were) “demons.” She is going through some sort of extreme emotional distress. It has nothing to do with you twisted your ankle but push through the pain. Which, by the way, Simone did the equivalent of more than once. She competed with kidney stones for pete sake.

Absolutely; with mental health issues there are times when you just can’t; there is no push through it. And those “demons” don’t care if it’s the Olympics, they come out when the feel like it and sometimes there’s no way to know or prevent it. I’m 100% sure, based on history, if there was any way Simone believed she could “just push through it” she would have.

Event rankings today

VAULT
Russia
France
GB
USA
Italy
Japan
Belgium
China

BARS
Russia
US
GB
Belgium
Italy
France
China
Japan

BEAM
China
US
Japan
Russia
Italy
GB
France
Belgium

FLOOR
Russia
Italy
GB
Japan
France
Belgium
China
USA

Missy Marlowe trying to explain what the twisties are, for anyone who wants to read a longer explanation:

According to Missy, it can take months to overcome. Beginning to think AA and event finals may be out of the question.
  1. It’s different for everyone
  2. Did Simone actually ever say it was the twisties(sorry if I missed it…)

I read Missy Marlowe’s thread and have a question I remember Gabby balking on her beam dismount in 2011 is that similar to what is going on with Simone?

I don’t think she has commented. I think people are guessing twisties because Simone looked a bit lost in the air while vaulting a 1.5 Yurchenco.

ETA: So it looks like there is possible confirmation.

Here is something wise I found on social media regarding mental health, athletics and USAG. Not entirely sure who this woman is but I thought she had a good point.

Last edited:
Emily Giambalvo on Twitter (a sports writer, I guess?) quoted Simone and Jordan on it.

I have to say that the pictures I’ve seen of the US women with their silver medals is heartening. They look very happy. We’ve seen some silver medal winning teams look sour, especially teams that were expected to win. These women don’t look that way at all.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back