2020 Women's Artistic Qualifications Subdivision 5 (Sunday, July 25, 2021) Teams: GER/BEL/MG 5/ MG 2 (KOR, BRA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I thought andrade got a 15.4 for the cheng? It said 15.1
Do they take the first, or the highest scoring one?

They take the first one. 15.1 was her average which put her into 3rd behind Simone and Jade in vault finals.

The 15.4 counted towards her AA.

Skinner can no longer claim she was top 3 in world in vault.

Reactions: MRR
I’m so sad for Melanie!! But I’m really happy and proud that team France ends 4th in qualifications. I think it’s historic, though I doubt they stay at this place during team final.

Really impressed with Belgium too!

Draws for EF

VT

Biles
Moreno
Andrade
Carey
Yeo
Olsen
Melnikova
Akhaimova

UB
Lee
Biles
Derwael
Ilyankova
Melnikova
Fan
Seitz
Lu

BB
Black
Tang
Biles
Lee
Iordache
Urazova
Saraiva
Guan

FX
Listunova
Carey
Gadirova
Melnikova
Ferrari
Murakami
Andrade
Biles

ETA: Just corrected to flip Biles and Carey on vault. Thanks Tempest!

Last edited:
AA groups

Group #1 (starting VT): Biles, Andrade, S. Lee, Melnikova, Urazova, Derwael
Group #2 (starting UB): Tang, MDJDS, Gadirova x2, Lu, Kovacs
Group #3 (starting BB): Heduit, Seitz, D’Amato, Popa, Moors, Murakami
Group #4 (starting FX): Black, Verkest, Maggio, Y. Lee, Steingruber, Bui

Urazova was coming off an injury then and iirc had grown several inches.

Anyway, these qualifications stayed unpredictable and swerve throwing right to the end. I did predict GB being in 6th, but didn’t quite envisage that being the way it happened. And you could probably substitute in near enough any prediction any of us made about anything into that phrase. It works on a number of levels!

Well, Simone should still win on Tuesday but she doesn’t have the luxury of a huge cushion anymore.
Which is a very significant change in things. I am finding this all very unsettling.

No way to even rewrite it to say she’s an Olympic champion like she did with her 2014 World vault bronze.

Reactions: MRR
I mean, she did win prelims by a decent margin without really hitting any routines well (and really missing both beam and floor), and she has a huge upgrade sitting in the tank on vault. I think she still has that cushion, she just used it today.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back