2020 Men's Artistic All Around Final (Wednesday, July 28, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did Mikita’s hand hit the floor?

ETA: I think it did after seeing the replay 😦

Last edited:
Happy with that, good close competition and I always like seeing three countries winning medals. I was flagging in the middle because all this caring too much and no sleep is draining.

Nikita could have had it without FX OOBs and that HB dismount but Hashimoto’s gymnastics has such variety and style that he’d converted me after PH. Can’t believe XR didn’t salute. Imagine if that had cost him the title 👀

Great performances a fair way down the list today. Kitazono and Tang did so well. Also chuffed for Mr consistency James Hall in 8th. Fraser and Kovtun should have great futures ahead.

Last edited:
Maybe not… seeing discussion of a 0.3 penalty for Xiao on high bar due to not saluting.

Damn. I was hoping Nikita was going to win. Gold medal hang over? I’m not saying he deserved it today but without the out of bounds…

Dalaloyan. Well technically he lived. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have another surgery at least to clean up the scar tissue build up.

That’s basically my take too. I would have loved Nikita to kill it, but I’m not mad about the finish, especially as Japan gold in Tokyo has its own allure. They all looked pretty tired at different points, and it felt like a lot of people gave things away at the beginning and then it was just too late to come back.

The top 6 all from Japan, china, and Russia is wild, though not unexpected. They all have just impeccable gymnastics, and these guys make it a fight to the finish every time. Awesome meet

He is Ukrainian. It’s not a new thing:

Ilja_Jefimowitsch_Repin_-Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks-_Yorck

It’s a very famous painting, by the way:

Last edited:
This NBC coverage is the worst I’ve ever seen it. If I was a young 10 year old gymnast that had waited four years to see my idols in competition, like I was in 2000, and had been allowed to stay up late for it… I would be absolutely devastated. Pitiful

Yeah, this is ridiculous because not everyone can wake up at the crack of dawn to watch finals live, especially children. I’m not sure what NBC is getting at. They aren’t even showing every rotation anymore. It’s like gymnastics has become a burden for NBC.

Last edited:
This NBC coverage is the worst I’ve ever seen it. If I was a young 10 year old gymnast that had waited four years to see my idols in competition, like I was in 2000, and had been allowed to stay up late for it… I would be absolutely devastated. Pitiful
On the whole, the Sydney coverage was awful, too. NBC was crucified for it and that prompted the change to show things live and reduce the amount of fluff.

At least we have the streaming options these days.

Meanwhile they’re showing swimming quarterfinals and semifinals in prime time!

And they’re showing the same fluff pieces for gymnastics over and over again. WTF? I guess gymnastics is only a soap opera to them. I’m happy that they think of swimming as a sport, but it’s so unfair, because I’m pretty sure it’s only because US wins so many swimming medals. Track and field will get just as good coverage.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back