2020 Men's Artistic Gymnastics Qualifications (Saturday, July 24, 2020)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The US boys are all so close!

Yang is in 9th so it’s possible he may be subbed in as he will probably be a reserve… I wish he hadn’t tried for the super hard 2nd vt in qual

I’ve watched a number of recent competitions and I don’t think all the blame can lie with the springboard (unless it follows them around! 😉 ). I guess guys are more willing to throw a vault they haven’t fully mastered while the women generally stick to what they know they can land reliably?

Is malone having a rough day or has Sam just found his mojo? He was a lot more ahead of the others at Trials.

I don’t think either of them are having their best day. Sam struggled with high bar, and Brody had a bouncy floor routine including an OOB.

Is malone having a rough day or has Sam just found his mojo? He was a lot more ahead of the others at Trials.
I’m sure others will be able to explain much better but I thought that Malone definitely benefited from others’ mistakes in the last couple of comps

I have a dumb question. Do the women tape their shoulders/arms as often as the men, and we just don’t see it because they wear long sleeves, or do the men tape their shoulders/arms more?

After 2-per-ing the AA results, looks like Malone and Mikulak will be 7th and 8th qualifiers. Japan has 4 in the top 12, China and ROC have 3. Bad ass.

Really diverse EF. Overall I’m pretty happy with how that turned out. Uchimura HB and Yulo FX are the biggest disappointments and VT was the most splatty overall. The scores needed to get in to some of these finals were huge. I think everyone who should be in PH with the exception of Tommasone is there. The US AA race petered out in the end with Wiskus sitting his vault. Fraser managed to stay in the top group for AA, what awesome company. The team tiers are very obvious. Argh so much to digest.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back