2020 Women's Artistic All Around Final (Thursday, July 29, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Lolllll

What are the OOB deductions? Like one foot is how much, both feet how much, and are extra steps taken OOB each their own deduction?

What are the OOB deductions? Like one foot is how much, both feet how much, and are extra steps taken OOB each their own deduction?
1 foot / 1 hand out = 0.1 Neutral Deduction
2 feet / 2 hands out = 0.3 Neutral Deduction

Execution Deductions (for size of the step - 1 or 3 tenths) is taken by a different panel of judges, on top of the NDs.

They could even march the women out to do one touch warmups while the guys are finishing up their event, have them line up for the judges at the end of the warmup, and then start the event. They don’t have to devote a second of tv time to it (though it is also a great place to put a commercial break). And it isn’t like the event going on is going to be distracted by another event happening in the background since that is what is happening in literally every other part of the competition…

Last edited:
I’m not bitter at all, why would I be? I don’t think that wanting the Olympic champion to have shown herself at her very best is a bad thing. We’ve seen Suni do much better than she did today.

Reactions: L_R
They could even march the women out to do one touch warmups while the guys are finishing up their event, have them line up for the judges at the end of the warmup, and then start the event. They don’t have to devote a second of tv time to it (though it is also a great place to put a commercial break). And it isn’t like the event going on is going to be distracted by another event happening in the background since that is what is happening in literally every other part of the competition…
With the amount of fannying around and flame throwing they do for EF, I literally have no idea why no one touch is allowed.

I think it adds more to the spectacle too. We get to see how they warm up and when they nail an element they fell on in warm up it is so exciting!

There hasn’t been a national championship since 2019, therefore Ellie Downie is technically the reigning champion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back