2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 2 (CHN MG 2 GER/Nemour USA ITA) Sunday July 28 5:40 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, glad I didn't watch this live. I don't need that kind of stress in my life lol.

Thank you, @Concorde ! I couldn't find video at the time to see what she did and write it up. I vaguely remember she had been around 6.9 (with the downgrades) not so long ago and forgotten that she had added other upgrades.

I thought Jade looked pale at podium training. But I assumed it was exaggerated because she was standing next to her team mates, who are not pale
I was mulling over the same issue, and had the same thought as you. Sometimes it's the contrast, and she's never been sort of 'bright' white iyswim. But I still thought on balance she looked a little drawn.

The close up with Jade showed she has sunken eyes, which is a sign of dehydration and not enough sleep.
Sounds like she and Brian both got the stomach flu or food posioning.

I would keep her off floor and have Hezly or Suni go.
I also hope Simone lets Hezly do bars in TF and takes a small break.
Not sure if I would put Hezly on beam instead of Jordan given her TQ errors, though a hit Hezly beam would go around 14.

I mean, they had a bit of a rough day and were lucky to be able to drop some scores, but they were still 5 points in the clear. They get to start on VT and will pretty well know where they stand when floor rolls around. I mean China might stay on the beam and hit full difficulty, but...

I am adding Simone's Achilles to my prayers.

I'm still thinking worst case scenario with Simone having and injury and Jade being too ill to go and the last 3 left standing to bear the brunt. Let's hope those don't play out. They can withstand no Jade on floor, but they need decent Simone.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back