2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 2 (CHN MG 2 GER/Nemour USA ITA) Sunday July 28 5:40 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did they show Suni's family and I missed it? I saw Jordan's parents with Snoop, Ron and Nellie, Jade's mom, Hezly's parents (with some extra gushing about how he is so supportive of her) but didn't catch Suni's.

Did they show Suni's family and I missed it? I saw Jordan's parents with Snoop, Ron and Nellie, Jade's mom, Hezly's parents (with some extra gushing about how he is so supportive of her) but didn't catch Suni's.
They did not. Someone said her sisters were in Paris.

"NO MA'AM!"

Me instinctually at Zhang Yihan popping her little hip in her floor choreo, before reminding myself that she only looks like a prepubescent child.

The Chinese ladies look happy and relaxed. They also appear to be exhausted and in pain. Having said that, the Chinese floor choreo slaps!

Aly has words of support for Jade.

IMG_1438.png

Does no Hezly in UB Final mean Simone's calf is ok?
They were saying her calf was fine yesterday.

It became more difficult for Simone not to do UB when she almost qualified for UB finals.

They could have given Hezly another chance on BB, but perhaps she didn't feel comfortable with it like Skye at 2023 Worlds.

I'm most concerned about Suni's endurance due to her health issues. She has to get through 3 events in TFs, the AA, and then bars and beam. That said, floor is Hezly's diciest event. I think the point of having Hezly on the team is for her to provide backup in case someone gets sick or injured during the competition.

I'm sooooo glad they don't have to start on beam again. That was brutal. On balance beam, I would definitely play it safe and do the easiest mounts possible for all of them, but I guess it's too late to change now 😔

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back