2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I doubt Marta would have let her but Tom? He would be afraid to speak to Simone that way
I do wonder if Simone would want to risk it in team final especially when prelims showed that the gold isn’t assured. My guess would be that she wouldn’t want to risk having one of her falls included in the team total if she could help it. (All the women probably feel that.)

However, if she did feel confident and comfortable with the vault, Tom wouldn’t even try to stop her. (As far as Tom goes, I think the only reason he might keep his job another quad is that there are no obvious replacement candidates but ticking off Simone at the Olympics would be a very bad move.)

A certain episode of How I Met Your Mother springs to mind 😂

ROC: I foresee one fall on beam because I don’t trust this group evnough yet for lightning to strike twice. However I also thought Artur wouldn’t survive another floor routine so what do I know? Urazova’s vault looked much improved from Russian Cup and I’m curious to see what Melnikova vaults.

USA: I fully expect them to win comfortably. Hope we get to see the YDP although it will make a lot of the gymternet have kittens. I would really like to see McCallum hit beam to her best. She’s second to Kara in the US at attempting the fluidity the beam rules require and I want to see her get credit for it.

CHN: I expected more from this team but I also feel like I don’t know them well enough to know what’s happened or make predictions. Injuries and beam pauses seem to be up there. Wish I’d had time to watch their qualification routines again.

FRA: I was excited to see France this year because they weren’t in a subdivision with a big team so I thought I’d be able to watch them more. Nope. I was happy to see Heduit do well on floor after the Euros EF.

BEL: I expect the E score champions to have mistakes in TF. It took GBR a good while to get used to competing twice (you can argue we’re not there yet!) and I think the occasion might get to Belgium.

GBR: I wonder what side of the bed Kinsella got out of? Hope we get to see Jennifer’s floor again. Ordinarily I’d be hoping for a surprise bronze (I’m wearing one of my Glasgow T-shirts), but a part of me doesn’t want this team selection validated because I’m still gutted and bitter about Becky. I hope for 12 hit routines and 4th.

ITA: Surprised Ferrari isn’t anchoring floor. Hope we get to see that lovely routine again. I enjoyed Maggio’s gymnastics at Euros and it sucks that she’s injured.

JPN: Glad they qualified and for Italy and Japan it will be interesting to see them scored in the same session to see if sub 1 did make a difference. Given a medal is a long shot I wonder if Murakami will compete the rudi to get more practise before AA/VT.

Last edited:
Murakami didn’t qualify for VT EF, IIRC.

Is this site freezing for anybody else?

Jfc I thought this thing started at 6am and nearly killed myself tripping out of bed at 6:15 thinking I was missing the first rotation.

Also, China had zero falls in qualifications. Not saying they’ll repeat that, just feel it’s been underappreciated.

Does anyone have a link for live scoring? I can’t load the first messages in the thread.

I have the apparatus feed up but I’m debating about switching to the main feed

Trying to watch in France, found an Olympic channel. Praying it shows gym next, some medal ceremony for some sport.

Same here, I watched the main feed yesterday and it was ok but missed lots of Russian routines though

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back