2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No.

That being said, Simone walked out. It looked like she was going for treatment and intending to come back.

id anyone else hear Simone say “I can’t go up there” a couple minutes ago while talking to the trainer, or did I imagine that in sleep deprivation?
I did not hear it but I do not know if you are imagining it. I know something is deeply deeply wrong

USA cannot cope mentally with this - it is a position they are not used to. They could have done with Myk rallying them ala NCCA (I’m only half joking)

I wonder if it’s more mental than physical for Simone. Like if the team doc is being a sports psychologist right now.

That would be so unlike her. Though this is the same woman who ran off with the AA while battling a kidney stone so I don’t know what to think.

Grace and Suni were hyping up Jordan, given the circumstances they seem to be a good place mentally. Suni has been rooming with Jordan, hopefully she can help hype her.

Did anyone else hear Simone say “I can’t go up there” a couple minutes ago while talking to the trainer, or did I imagine that in sleep deprivation?
Someone on Twitter’s saying they heard “I can’t get up there.” Slightly different, but not just me.

I am not writing her off at all, but if she is too “something” to compete, she should have pulled before the meet and been replaced. Im hoping she just needs time to collect herself. And I really hope she’s ok.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back