2020 Women's Artistic Qualifications Subdivision 3 (Sunday, July 25, 2021) Teams: USA/NED/ MG 1/ MG 8 (Danusia, Iordache, AUS)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Gymternet is still pushing the Skinner should have been on the main team narrative on Twitter. :roll_eyes:

Last edited:
Prediction: We’ll see Biles and Chiles in 2024

Chiles has unfinished business and has fallen in love with gymnastics again.

Biles will get bored and come out of retirement in 2023

The next Olympics is just 3 years away!!!

She needs the full turn for the CR!

But yes, Grace Suni and Simone for TF beam

I think we need a thread on this. But where is the accountability within the USAG judging community?

Skinner was getting 8.1s and 8.2s by some individual judges.

She goes to the Olympics. Hits lights out and gets a 7.1E.

Where is the accountability? If I was Tom I would be furious. He’s making hard choices on the back of these numbers.

Skinner and her coaches clearly needed some guidance and pointing in the right direction. Morgan and Slava did not, all Morgan had to do was what she’d done all quad. Visits from Tom wouldn’t have changed anything for her, just bad luck

Serious question because now I’m thinking about it. Why exactly didn’t Grace get CR credit for the sissone+split jump? She shouldn’t have needed the full turn because she opens her routine with the wolf turns.

I believe she wanted free walkover + leap + turn, but connected none of it. Or similar. I am sleepy. It was a free walkover, yes? Whatever the acro was

Last edited:
She missed her usual turn to split. So she repeated the dance series with split Sissone.

But I think that she repeated some split leaps that she already used previously. So although she tried to get the dance CR she did it with elements she had already used so it didn’t count.

I remember thinking hmmm you can’t reuse split leaps again … and I was waiting for the 5.7 but it came out 5.2. So that 5 tenth is the only explanation.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back