2020 Women's Artistic Qualifications Subdivision 3 (Sunday, July 25, 2021) Teams: USA/NED/ MG 1/ MG 8 (Danusia, Iordache, AUS)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Neither do I really. Granted, I missed half of it. And I also know what’s going to happen in TFs now. But today, is still kind of an enigma.

I think Skinner still made the highest scoring team in 3 up 3 count. Her bars and beam were not good, but her vault and floor are what she theoretically would have been needed for.

The Official 4 now realize they have to bring their A-Game to win Team.

I don’t know Grace’s background, but the other 3 have super scrappy personal stories. They’re fighters. They’ll be ready for finals.

And I believe after this she is gone. Unless she really turns it around in T F and EF. Tonight was just truly not good.

I think Skinner still made the highest scoring team in 3 up 3 count.
Yes - only because of vault! And 3 up 3 count gets scary when your solid girl Jordan starts getting 11s on beam. Then you want an AAer you can use in a pinch. RIght?

I cant see them putting Jordan up on beam in TF now. And if Tom had used Skinner in the main team - youd have to be using her!!

I’m still amazed at how well Jennifer performed today. Definitely the highlight for me.

For the life of me, I still can’t tell them apart though.

Okay, moving myself to the next thread. If I don’t fall asleep first…

And on bars also…its not Skinner over McCallum because Chiles didn’t deliver.
McCallum beat Chiles AA and on UB and BB and they essentially tied on floor.
Chiles was the weak link not McCallum

Technically Skinner was two tenths or more higher than McCallum by most plausible metrics.

That said, I am very grateful we have McCallum for bars in finals.

You’re right. Except they could refute by saying Skinner put up the third highest American score on beam! Yikes all around. Grace better take that full turn out and just do a sissone+wolf. She lost half a point in D score today!

I was thinking about this. Technically Simone is in 4th right (unless Iordache is gonna try to make it work)? We have the Brazilians, Ellie Black, Melanie, and maybe Schaefer? I can’t think of anyone else.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back