2020 Women's Artistic Qualifications Subdivision 3 (Sunday, July 25, 2021) Teams: USA/NED/ MG 1/ MG 8 (Danusia, Iordache, AUS)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

A lot of us were saying that Skinner was a risky choice for +1 because she hasn’t been judged with an international pen in seven years, so who knows what she was going to get and they decided to hammer her here. The chances of her getting 2per’d were not slim. I get why she was taken, but Riley was the better choice.

I know that is what the judges here would give, but were they being as strict with Japan or Italy? Or did the scoring get tougher some time after their lunch break?

If you had told me that we would be considering that both Mykayla and Jade would have scores that all four would all have been used in the team total in quals, I would have definitely been surprised. I feel for Mykayla, honestly, because she will be the only US gymnast (most likely) without a medal of any form from these Olympics, but is probably the third best vaulter in the world at this time. Worried for Jordan after that session. But thankful that Grace is steady on bars. Ready for this qualifying format not to be a thing anymore.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back