2020 Women's Artistic All Around Final (Thursday, July 29, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don’t see how tbh. Her wolf turn was a mess, but her landings were much better than they had been in TQ and TF. With a hit routine, she should get ~14.3 on floor as she has in recent times

Last edited:
Ehhh, I dunno. Simone in prelims had a very bad day and we all know Sunisa couldn’t possibly have beaten her if she were looking how she did at US Nationals. I’m not sure a 57.8 today would’ve done anything much to change that.

Yeah, Mai and Nina were both very respectable too. I wouldn’t have wanted either to medal, because the top 4 are a league ahead, but if one or both had then it wouldn’t have been embarrassing.

Exactly. Suni knows, they all know and came into this final knowing, that Simone performing to her usual standard (much less how she looked in podium training) would not have been someone they could beat. Her ekeing past Simone’s poor prelims performance wouldn’t make any difference to that.

The greatest gymnast of all time and top qualifier pulled out of the final. This is a postponed games during a global pandemic. There was always going to be an asterisk.

Suni is still the well-deserved Olympic AA Champion.

Last edited:
That was a wonderful final. I do wish Andrade took the gold as I prefer her gymnastics and it would be such a historic moment, but Suni won fair and square. Very happy for Melnikova as she’s waited so long for this too. I think she and Urazova could have gone either way; personally I’d give the edge to Urazova as her bars I thought were superior to Melnikova’s and I thought their floors were more equal than the scores would have suggested. However, her vault is also whackier. So I’m happy either way!

I’m going to work in my LeoTee and I’m not embarrassed at all! Love the podium, would have taken any order. I hope Urazova can use the closeness here to fuel her next 3 years.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back