2020 Women's Artistic All Around Final (Thursday, July 29, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She flew in for the competition, she was already back home, at least that is how Dutch media are spinning in… no clue if it is true. i knkw Vera and Epke are already home…

Brian Carey has really proven a couple of key things:
  1. He can pace the hell out of an athlete. Would be fascinating to see his training plan for Olympic team selection as an HPD.
  2. He can help an established senior athlete improve a lot (both Jade and Riley).
  3. He isn’t an asshole.
  4. He has a good mind for strategy.
My only concern for him would be whether he’s able to get the execution and artistry right. Sort of hard to tell; we didn’t get to see enough of Riley and while Jade’s shapes got better, it’s just not her thing. He doesn’t have to personally teach the improvements, but he does need to catch the prevailing wind and change the USA difficulty-at-all-costs strategy.

I don’t think that is accurate, reserves were given extra time. Considering she was first reserve I doubt she went home.

Would not be the first time, they are stupid like that :roll_eyes:

I don’t think it was the same as the 3 pass routine she showed domestically was it?

I’ve said it before but it is so odd that her double lay can be so good, and her double tuck so under rotated. It isn’t like she lacks the power…

I wonder if Valentina is regretting these new ways of not pulling gymnasts out of finals, because Listunova could have won today. Her TF scores plus vault from prelims would have put her ahead of Suni. Where as Urazova probably made the least errors of anyone, but was always going to lack the difficulty.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back