2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

We were so close to avoiding it, but I think we're going to have to buy some Listerine and say "Joscelyn Roberson, Olympian."
Ugh. I hope not. The thing is, she basically adds nothing, correct? I’d have to go look at individual event scores. A few tenths on vault I guess. Same as what Kaliya would add on floor. They’re better off competing 4 and bringing whoever is the most consistent through nationals and trials as a back up. No one is bringing enough from the first four really.

Ugh. I hope not. The thing is, she basically adds nothing, correct? I’d have to go look at individual event scores. A few tenths on vault I guess. Same as what Kaliya would add on floor. They’re better off competing 4 and bringing whoever is the most consistent through nationals and trials as a back up. No one is bringing enough from the first four really.
I'd personally go with Hezly or Kaylia. With the top four, the fifth person is basically just...there. Maybe a leadoff vault. Hezly could potentially be put in for UB in TFs.

Using just trials scores only, she’d go for beam — she was 3rd tonight. And Roberson and Jordan scored the same on vault. That’s taking the top 5 straight up.

If the team is the top 4 AA, the only event Roberson adds tenths in a TF situation is beam. She adds nothing on vault or floor. And while I'd be okay with putting Jade up on bars if disaster strikes and one of Jade or Joscelyn needs to do bars, I'd much rather the 5th team member be someone who can slot in on bars and beam.

Nobody will like this, but the mathematically best team based on tonight's scores only is:

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

Yes Chiles out scored Roberson on FX, but they tied on vault and Roberson scored higher on beam. Neither would be in the top 3 for bars. Obviously Chiles is logically the better option of the 2, but solely based on tonight's numbers, Roberson is the better pick (kills me to even type that).

Nobody will like this, but the mathematically best team based on tonight's scores only is:

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

Yes Chiles out scored Roberson on FX, but they tied on vault and Roberson scored higher on beam. Neither would be in the top 3 for bars. Obviously Chiles is logically the better option of the 2, but solely based on tonight's numbers, Roberson is the better pick (kills me to even type that).
I don't want to live on this planet anymore

I don't see Chiles who is currently 2nd AA being bumped out. If Jones gets further injured in Paris? Who does bars in team finals? Carey or Roberson? YIKES

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

If Jones is out, how does that change the math?

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

You’re right. Nobody likes this.

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

🗣️DELETE THIS‼️‼️

If Jordan, Suni, Simone do AA in Paris.
Jade does VT/FX, you need a UB/BB and that is Hezly right now.
If they decide to limit Suni to UB/BB, then it is opened up, in which case likely Roberson or Wong. Wong offers the better UB/BB combo in TQ.

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

89EF7E6F-D676-49C2-A3DC-E7C57B3D3175.jpeg

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)
Spencer stated that the highest scoring team is:
Shi, Jordan, Suni, Jade, Simone

if its not Shi, the next highest scoring team is Tiana, Jordan, Suni, Jade, Simone

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-28 at 10.33.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-28 at 10.33.08 PM.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 25

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back