2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There is definitely a lot going on tonight. In addition to gymnastics, track and field starts back up tonight. I'd pick trials. I figure I can just read the news for highlights/lowlights from the presidential debate.
Admittedly, I'll be skipping all of it to watch baseball tonight. Orioles at 6:40 and then Tigers at 9:40. Love it when scheduling lines up like that.

• Wow
Reactions: JDB
I'm sure Andrade is groaning now watching Carey's Amanar and realizing she'll have to throw it in vault finals to have a chance at silver (or gold if Biles falls on the YDP again).

All the better for us if the rumors are true -- that Andrade has no plans to throw an Amanar, but would skip over to either YTT or a Li Xiaopeng!

(ETA - Andrade honestly should even't have to upgrade to beat Carey though, if she's able to vault like she did at Pan Ams.)

Skye's injury also makes this competition much less exciting because now another spot is open. There are 3 gymnasts left (Carey, DiCello, and Chiles) presumably fighting for 2 spots on the team.
Wouldn’t the unpredictability of who will rise to the occasion to take a spot that was guaranteed for Skye make things more exciting? Simone, Skye and Shi were locks on the Team. More gymnasts are now in the conversation as there are only two locks on the Team. I would even say that Roberson is now in the “outside chance” equation.

No, she hasn't submitted anything yet. But there's a rumor going around the Gymternet that she's training it and a Cheng with additional full twist. Of course, some Brazilian fans have said that the ultimate source is just other Brazilian fans seeing how reputable a source they can get to put it forth.

All the better for us if the rumors are true -- that Andrade has no plans to throw an Amanar, but would skip over to either YTT or a Li Xiaopeng!

(ETA - Andrade honestly should even't have to upgrade to beat Carey though, if she's able to vault like she did at Pan Ams.)
where the heck did you see those rumors? No way is she doing a triple twist, but you have me believing the Li XP vault could be a real thing. Her Cheng is THAT good.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back