2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wouldn’t the unpredictability of who will rise to the occasion to take a spot that was guaranteed for Skye make things more exciting? Simone, Skye and Shi were locks on the Team. More gymnasts are now in the conversation as there are only two locks on the Team. I would even say that Roberson is now in the “outside chance” equation.
Roberson should definitely be a contender. One thing against her for the fifth spot is that Jade is likely on the team. Injuries happen and I think it is prudent to give thought to the back up routines. I would prefer not to have to use Jade on bars in team final if Shilese’s shoulder flares up or Suni wakes up with swollen hands.

Roberson should definitely be a contender. One thing against her for the fifth spot is that Jade is likely on the team. Injuries happen and I think it is prudent to give thought to the back up routines. I would prefer not to have to use Jade on bars in team final if Shilese’s shoulder flares up or Suni wakes up with swollen hands.
What really works against Roberson is she doesn't stand out on the events she'd be taken for, vault and floor (and her bars are unusable). At nationals, she was beaten on vault by Leanne Wong--and on night one, Leanne only got credit for a Pod! Nor does Roberson separate herself from the pack on floor. If my options are take Kayla DiCello/Leanne Wong/Jordan Chiles or Joscelyn Roberson, I'm taking one of the former.

Noe watch Roberson have a MyKayla Skinner At Trials Glow Up sort of meet.

What really works against Roberson is she doesn't stand out on the events she'd be taken for, vault and floor (and her bars are unusable). At nationals, she was beaten on vault by Leanne Wong--and on night one, Leanne only got credit for a Pod! Nor does Roberson separate herself from the pack on floor. If my options are take Kayla DiCello/Leanne Wong/Jordan Chiles or Joscelyn Roberson, I'm taking one of the former.

Noe watch Roberson have a MyKayla Skinner At Trials Glow Up sort of meet.
I would take Dicello or Chiles or maybe Wong. But if I recall correctly, Jocelyn’s day two of Nationals was much improved which suggests that she may be surging. (I know, I know. It’s one data point but it wouldn’t shock me if she made enough of a case to be at least an alternate.)

Looking back at scores from nationals, Chiles and Dicello are neck and neck. It might come down to who hits at trials which is very exciting. I wonder how one-hand Cheng’s are scored this quad.

Last edited:
20240627_170313.jpg

Let's goooo! Is there going to be a MAG thread?

where the heck did you see those rumors? No way is she doing a triple twist, but you have me believing the Li XP vault could be a real thing. Her Cheng is THAT good.
I first heard it reported on GymCastic Behind the Scenes (based on “Brazilian sources”). Jessica said she would try and get someone on the record for the main show, but I can’t remember what they ended up saying about it.

Wouldn’t the unpredictability of who will rise to the occasion to take a spot that was guaranteed for Skye make things more exciting? Simone, Skye and Shi were locks on the Team. More gymnasts are now in the conversation as there are only two locks on the Team. I would even say that Roberson is now in the “outside chance” equation.
I didn't have Skye as a lock, but if she didn't have a huge meltdown at Trials, I presumed she would be on the team. It seems like it's mainly 3 gymnasts going for 2 spots now, rather than 1. That's just how I am viewing it, but I could be wrong. I sure hope it's an exciting meet!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back