2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Peacock switched me to track without showing final standings and one last Simone shot and maybe a few more athletes holding their knees and crying.

I think Biles, Chiles, Lee, Carey, and one more. Is Shilese okay?

If not, I'd go with Lincoln for the last spot.

Reactions: LT2
top 4 plus shilese

If the team is Simone, Suni, Jordan, and Jade, I think you're looking for a beamer to round it out
Top 4 plus Shilese unless she can't compete. Then it's where you want backup depending on how beam goes night 2. If Suni, Simone, and Jordan hit their normal beam, the need for a beam score is less which makes it even more open....

If you need a beamer outside the top 4 AAers, you're looking at Roberson (please no), Tiana (so inconsistent), and Hezley.

Do they have to name the team Sunday?

If they do, and Shilese can only do bars… that’s a tough call. Is Chellsie on the selection committee?

I think the fifth spot is wide open again... just with a completely different set of competitors.
Just look at who’s in fifth - if Shilese isn’t healthy enough and they decide to just take them in the order they finish….

😈

If you need a beamer outside the top 4 AAers, you're looking at Roberson (please no), Tiana (so inconsistent), and Hezley.
that's the issue and I wonder if that's where Wong might slide in if she can hit everything Sunday (big if). She is usually consistent but not great on any one event.

Isn't there a tendon in the knee that can make a nasty sounding snap if it shifts over bone?

I don’t know a thing about this but how are people hearing tendon noises over a vault landing while in a loud arena? I get it if a microphone picks something up on a broadcast.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back