2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Kaliya has consistently been number 2 on the floor this year, besting both Roberson and Carey. I get she's not the perfect fit for the team, but she at the very least deserves serious consideration. I'm pissed at NBC ignoring her.

I don’t think they'd take Shilese just for bars she has to be able to have another event. Also given the criteria if she doesn't compete night 2 I assume she's out of contention.

I don't see any way that Shilese Jones goes to the Olympics this year.

She is significantly injured. She skipped all of the spring assignments because she was injured. She skipped Nationals because she was injured. In all of 2024 she's done AA at Classics and then this one UB tonight.

Putting off the shoulder surgery was a mistake. She is just out of time.

Top 4 plus Shilese unless she can't compete. Then it's where you want backup depending on how beam goes night 2. If Suni, Simone, and Jordan hit their normal beam, the need for a beam score is less which makes it even more open....
Thing is, Shilese adds more than .3 on bars with her watered down routine. Lincoln adds .075 on floor.

Shi is probably too injured. I still think it’s foolish to take Lincoln. I really wish Skye was healthy.

I don't see any way that Shilese Jones is goes to the Olympics this year.

She is significantly injured. She skipped all of the spring assignments because she was injured. She skipped Nationals because she was injured. In all of 2024 she's done AA at Classics and then this one UB tonight.

Putting off the shoulder surgery was a mistake. She is just out of time.
I agree, but I don't really think the shoulder has anything to do with it.

I hate this.

Of Shilese only does bars on Sunday and wants to be named to the team, I think she has to do her full difficulty.

Looking at the AA results, it's going to some version of the top 9 currently. There is a big gap between 9th and 10th place.

The 4 that don't make the team will be the alternates (2 traveling and 2 non-traveling).

Kaliya has consistently been number 2 on the floor this year, besting both Roberson and Carey. I get she's not the perfect fit for the team, but she at the very least deserves serious consideration. I'm pissed at NBC ignoring her.
Well there clearly wasn’t enough time left after they showed us all injuries. Priorities.

They ought to show one routine for every athlete.

Kinda reminds me of 2008 Chellsie who made the team with a broken foot
Meh. Knee stability is a whole different ball game to me than a broken foot bone. Heck, I’ve had acl surgery and ankle repair for two torn ligaments and the knee was probably worse walking around day to day compared to my foot.

Hmmm, if Shilese is too injured, and you take the top 4, Hezley seems to be the best option to slot in on bars and beam. Can she hit on day 2?
Hezley hits bars and beam and she has to be in the mix. She also eliminates the who goes on what event problems. Her and Jade strengths compliment each other. Suni, Jordan and Simone do AA in prelims.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back