2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think any Arabian skill will not fulfill the front salto requirement in the next code

For 2025 - 2028: Arabians and Arabian double fronts will still be considered to be forward elements. However, Arabian double front 1/2s are now in the same box as full twisting double saltos, so these will be considered backward saltos.

Nobody will like this, but the mathematically best team based on tonight's scores only is:

Simone (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Roberson (VT, BB, FX)

Yes Chiles out scored Roberson on FX, but they tied on vault and Roberson scored higher on beam. Neither would be in the top 3 for bars. Obviously Chiles is logically the better option of the 2, but solely based on tonight's numbers, Roberson is the better pick (kills me to even type that).
There’s no way Team USA would only have one AA’er

For 2025 - 2028: Arabians and Arabian double fronts will still be considered to be forward elements. However, Arabian double front 1/2s are now in the same box as full twisting double saltos, so these will be considered backward saltos.
Thanks… not sure where I got that then lol

If Jones is out, how does that change the math?
O, that's actually very interesting, it changes to:

Biles (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Chiles (VT, UB, FX)
Sumanasekera (BB)

Roberson doesn't make it because her vault would be tied for 3rd best on this team with Chiles, her bars is unusable, her beam is ever so slightly behind Sumanasekera, and her floor isn't top 3 on this team.

While I would love to see Sumanasekera compete internationally, and I think she would score well. Numbers wise she only adds half a tenth over Roberson on beam, and you could argue Roberson would be better to take as a backup vault medalist.

O, that's actually very interesting, it changes to:

Biles (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Lee (UB, BB)
Carey (VT, FX)
Chiles (VT, UB, FX)
Sumanasekera (BB)

Roberson doesn't make it because her vault would be tied for 3rd best on this team with Chiles, her bars is unusable, her beam is ever so slightly behind Sumanasekera, and her floor isn't top 3 on this team.

While I would love to see Sumanasekera compete internationally, and I think she would score well. Numbers wise she only adds half a tenth over Roberson on beam, and you could argue Roberson would be better to take as a backup vault medalist.
Roberson and her 8.35 DTY aren't gonna make vault finals let alone medal.

Jocelyn wouldn't beat anyone on that team on vault but Suni because she only does one vault.

Spencer stated that the highest scoring team is:
Shi, Jordan, Suni, Jade, Simone

if its not Shi, the next highest scoring team is Tiana, Jordan, Suni, Jade, Simone
Based on tonight's scores only (and no logical thoughts whatsoever), Roberson mathematically adds more to the team than Chiles. Their vaults are even, their bars aren't top 3 amongst the other team members, and Roberson outscored Chiles more on beam than Chiles outscored Roberson on floor. Possibly Spencer's scenario was calculated around qualifications where 4 routines go up? Chiles outscores Roberson quite a bit on bars, but that's not counting for anything if you are only looking at top 3 scores because Biles, Jones and Lee all outscore both of them.

My ears are still ringing. Y'all might see me with my fluorescent hearing protection to match my fluorescent shirt on Sunday!

I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell if someone got judging gifts or not, but it does seem like Jordan adds intangibles in addition to her scores--she seemed everywhere, pep talking, cheering and hyping the crowd up. I am unabashedly Team Jordan.

Based on tonight's scores only (and no logical thoughts whatsoever), Roberson mathematically adds more to the team than Chiles. Their vaults are even, their bars aren't top 3 amongst the other team members, and Roberson outscored Chiles more on beam than Chiles outscored Roberson on floor. Possibly Spencer's scenario was calculated around qualifications where 4 routines go up? Chiles outscores Roberson quite a bit on bars, but that's not counting for anything if you are only looking at top 3 scores because Biles, Jones and Lee all outscore both of them.
But how how how is Roberson scoring that high on beam anyway? 🤢🥴
Jordan’s beam (and Carey’s honestly) make me want to gouge my eyes out way less than Roberson.

But how how how is Roberson scoring that high on beam anyway? 🤢🥴
Jordan’s beam (and Carey’s honestly) make me want to gouge my eyes out way less than Roberson.
I'm not going to lie, I found roberson's beam a bit high too--is it the d score propping her up? Her form is a lot better than last year all around, I will say. She has been putting in the work, not phoning it in.

6.2 d score on beam can carry you far. fwiw, I also felt her E score was high in comparison to others.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back