Men’s Team Final

2024 Olympic MAG Team Final (Monday: July 29, 2024) 11:30 PM ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Xiao Ruoteng is wiping tears. Everyone looks like they’re just trying to hold themselves together. Shell shocked.
Understandably. I thought it'd be a China coronation, and I wasn't even paying that much attention to the gold race.

Silver is still an improvement for China MAG over the last two Games where they took bronze. But they had it. They had the gold today. They lost it all at the very end.

Just five tenths.

What a roller coaster of a final! I don't think I've fully processed what we just saw.

Silver is still an improvement for China MAG over the last two Games where they took bronze. But they had it. They had the gold today. They lost it all at the very end.

Just five tenths.
and 3 falls :(

Such an exciting competition - many congrats to the US guys - best MAG team they have had for years. So happy for Asher who is a total sweetheart - I met him in the arena at Liverpool after the Mens Team Final in 2022 and he didn't know how quickly to wolf down some chips!

It's hot in Paris today. Tomorrow will be hellishly hot, pushing 100°. Then it's supposed to cool down starting Thursday.

US finished more than 2 points ahead of GB. Luke Whitehouse's vault fall ultimately didn't matter.

Difficult to know what would have happened if it had been closer - Luke scored 1½ points lower today than in qualifying on vt.

The heat? It’s not hot
Athletes and staff have complained about the heat and lack of air conditioning. They have also been complaining about the quantity and quality of food and transportation problems.
It has not been a great Olympics from Paris from the perspective of the people there.

Multiple gymnasts yesterday were fanning themselves after their routines. GBR even had a hand held mechanical fan. Suni kept pulling at her collar to get air.

Its been 95F and humid in Paris for a few days. 95F is not fun especially when no AC.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back