2023 Worlds WAG Team Final (Wednesday 10/04)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Italy seem to have survived beam, so they remain in the race

Last edited:
Yeah, 7.7 E made you think it was somehow 2 falls.

I think the Cheng is just her primary vault now. It looked very, very secure in prelims and podium training and she probably needs it for an AA medal. She looked very nervous beforehand though, I wonder how the warmup went. Maybe watching poor Jocelyn got into her head.

The top tier looks a bit thin. I think the seats I saw would be in the corner to your right?

Why would they risk the cheng tho?
What risk? I mean gymnastics can always go awry with subtle mistakes. She stuck it in quals. Same deal with Blakely’s beam dismount. Just cuz ya crash doesn’t mean the upgrade was the wrong strategy.

It’s new, there’s always a bit of risk associated with it. Granted I don’t fullly know all of her routines but I don’t think she’s ever done that on a DTY no? Or maybe she has in which case, ok

They just showed Wong’s vault. Solid DTY; coming in clutch at the last minute is a good showing for her leading to Paris
Another reason I wish Gymcastic would stop blathering about the HiGheSt ScoRiNg team. Scores aren’t static and shit like this happens all the time. Leanne is a perfect back-up, not necessarily for Roberson in particular, but for any other gymnast who could’ve gone down with injury.

But someone knowledgable about the rules remind me – since the meet started, was USA too late to get an alternate into the mix?

She’s warming up bars at least. So no obvious injury, thankfully

BBC Christine saying that Jess hasn’t missed on in training

The women also seem to crash way less than the men. Maybe because they don’t debut their upgrades until they are really ready, don’t know.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back