2023 Worlds WAG Team Final (Wednesday 10/04)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Really? That would put the cat among the pigeons!

If she did attempt the Amanar and crashed it again, your caveat about heat of the moment notwithstanding, I wonder if they’d pull her out of floor?

I really don’t understand why Skye is doing a double pike dismount when her double back dismount was really nice.

I hate that we can’t see Skye’s BB during finals (and that she won’t be in the BB finals), but it’s probably the right move.

Other than the GB and US decisions mentioned, are all the others broadly what we expected? I know Brazil are using Rebeca and Flavia very heavily which has attracted some comment, but they probably need to in order to get past China and GB.

Well, was it a double back or a double twist that people have been like “what is this 199X (198X?) with these beam dismounts?” I think i recall scoffing at beam dismounts if they are seen as too easy.

IMG_3381

This surprised me 😬

I really don’t understand why Skye is doing a double pike dismount when her double back dismount was really nice.
Because she gets an extra tenth of bonus, and I’d add that she typically cowboyed her double tuck, so her E should also improve with the pike. (The flexed feet and landing deductions were similar with both dismounts)

She was so off on her dismount that I don’t think it’s clear to blame the body shape of her dismount, she just as easily could have crashed the double tuck. She performed this dismount perfectly fine all year until quals…

Last edited:
To be fair, Leanne has been exceptionally consistent this year. I think she earned it based on that fact.

I’m annoyed that Leanne got a 7.8 E score with her super crisp choreo, and great landings on 3 of 4 passes. I think she should have been much closer to Roberson and it would have been nice to see her perform again in finals. I don’t think the 14.0 she received at Nationals is unattainable for her, but now we’ll never know. :confused:

It appeared that on floor both Wong and Roberson got hammered for the short double pike at the end. Likely the correct deductions, with height, landing position, and .3 steps forward, but it was unfortunate to see the one skill probably tank their scores. I still feel the .1, .3, .5 is a blunt hammer and lacks the needed nuance. Otherwise they were probably going 13.8+ and 14+ respectively.

Last edited:
ok you’re right i just rescored this and came up with 8.1 so it’s not that criminal lol

Having watched many sessions of qualifications, I’ve also come to the conclusion that beam is indeed a mess.

Anyone watching via BBC who doesn’t want spoilers- it generally lags at least 40 seconds behind live scores and the FIG stream. So you may want to not scroll too fast!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back