2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 2 MAG VT/PB/HB & WAG BB/FX (Sunday 10/08)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It just looked like Flavia cleared that ‘third place’ chair after Voinea’s routine.
Loved it when Rebeca jumped up and ran to her when Voinea’s score came up.

Interesting medal stat for USA, I guess Antwerp is good luck for them.

Simone has just told the BBC she wasn’t sure at the start of this year that she’d be competing, and she wasn’t supposed to be competing. Very interesting.
Well, she had the wedding and personal life taking her attention. And do you think she expected to get back into competition shape in the like 2 months it took? (Seriously, what a stunning athlete)

Part of this is because of who wasn’t there, but only really 5 programs medalling in WAG feels like a bit of a step backwards from the competitiveness of recent years.

Mariano is competing against Tin Srbic for the Olympic spot here so that fall could be costly in more ways than one

Well, she had the wedding and personal life taking her attention. And do you think she expected to get back into competition shape in the like 2 months it took? (Seriously, what a stunning athlete)
I don’t know the answer to any of those questions!

Karimi looks like Dr. Sweets from Bones.

Last edited:
Reactions: One
I’m guessing the Gogean but maybe the switch ring 1/2. Not sure her intended difficulty atm. And she stuck the Biles twice here in Antwerp, I wouldn’t get rid of it just yet, but work to get the stag/Sissone connection back
I’ll give it a go for Saraiva’s D score on floor.

Whip through to full-in +0.6
Switch full +0.4
DLO +0.6
Gogean attempt (should be downgraded to tour jete 1/2) +0.3
Switch ring 1/2 +0.4
1.5 punch front full +0.7
Double pike +0.4
CR and dmt bonus +2.2

^^ The above gives us a 5.6.D score… After her inquiry it was boosted to 5.7.
So this is interesting. I think the judges gave her the Gogean on second review. It was definitely short, but I can’t recall what approximate amount of leeway you get (1/8 of 360 degrees)?

Simone completed her Gogean no worse than Flavia’s in this final, but the judges have grown accustomed to downgrading it for her – this is the 4th time at this worlds. If I were Laurent, I absolutely would have submitted an inquiry on this basis given how close Andrade was capable of coming.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back