2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG Team Final (Tuesday 11/01 )

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oof, poor Esposito. That would be a nice routine on a good day.

Score in for Alice? She definitely hit her dance CR, so there’s that. She should get the full 2.0 CR.

Poor Alice. Ok, she needs to keep it together now, not lose her head like she sometimes has in the past when she’s made a mistake. 12.266 is non disastrous, and they had very little chance of beating the US anyway.

I think bars and beam have earned the line up decisions some trust for the US staff. Wong had a pretty solid bars, Jordan did great on beam. Blakely fell, but Jones would by no means have been a sure thing either, and going for the higher possible score of the two uncertain routines is a good decision.

Japan coming for the team medal is wonderful to see. Going into the Olympics hopefully we’ll be in a situation where every team in the final has a very real chance of medaling.

Tang Xijing is not doing well this competition. I’m feeling she will not last on the team much longer.

12.266 is non disastrous
Absolutely not a disaster.

I said I’d take one fall and we had one fall. Im happy with beam.

Alice has a habit of making her mistake bleed into the next events. Someone needs to knock a (friendly) slap into her. She needs to hit that 2.5 punch front. I kinda want her to downgrade it to a pike front.

omg Japan is a point away (1.4) from GB and on UB. Could they make up the ground?

Reactions: L_R
  1. USA 124.731
  2. GBR 122.531
  3. JPN 121.132
  4. CAN 120.931
  5. FRA 119.364
  6. BRA 118.196
  7. ITA 117.831
  8. CHN 115.563

With them on bars and GB on floor, they would need a bit of help. GB’s floor was a point higher than Japan’s bars in prelims.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back