2020 Rhythmic Gymnastics Individual (Q Friday 8/6/21 F Sat. 8/7/21) Group (Q Sat 8/7/21 F Sun 8/8/21)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Rough qualification for Japan. They may not even make it to the final.

Too bad the US apparently stinks at this. Even teams who dropped their pieces scored better.

It doesn’t apparently stink, it really does stink. Group rhythmic really does require a national team training centre set up. In the US they just select the top club. It would be like selecting WCC as your artistic team

The last time that there was an actual US National Rhythmic Group training in a training center that wasn’t North Shore Rhythmic’s top Senior Group (they have two senior groups, from what I’ve heard) was probably 2012ish. That was back when the Angelovas were involved.

Before then, I’m remembering that they trained at Lake Placid USOTC. Where exactly there, I do not know.

On top of this, the USA desperately needs a similar type venue to Novagorsk. I don’t just mean in terms of coaching. I mean in terms of facilities and decent halls where clubs and ribbons don’t get caught in the rafters. Most American RG gymnasts are training in places with low ceilings and other issues .

Perhaps with the good relative results from the Olympics…perhaps some more funding for RG would be in order.

Then again, both Laura, Evita and the entire senior group are retiring. That’s a big loss. However, I’m proud of all that they have accomplished.

Last edited:
I would not like to be the Averina twins when they meet Irina Viner after losing gold

I’m glad Dina didn’t win though not to spite her. Russia’s burnout and injury problems are getting worse and a gold medal would have validated the underlying causes.

Really hoping and praying for the Ashram upset of the twins.
Would love to finally see a non-Russian all around winner.
It would be huge for Israeli gymnastics with the RG AA winner and MAG FX winner.
YAYYYYYY!!! My wish came true!

I haven’t watched the Final yet, but I watch all the rhythmic World Cups throughout the year, and at least one Averina almost always beats Linoy, so what caused the sudden shift here? And she even won with a drop. I love Linoy’s work and I’m thrilled for her, but it’s rhythmic gymnastics so I have to ask if the judging was fine lol. Was her difficulty higher? Was Dina’s performance affected by injury? I’d love to hear the thoughts of expert rhythmic fans. You would think any fishy judging would go in favor of Dina, not Linoy, as Russia is obviously the rhythmic powerhouse. it just seems curious that Linoy suddenly dominated a competition. Did she have the best competition of her life? The Rus Fed is of course saying the result was wrong, but they seem to always do that. I love this result, I’d just like to hear from more fans about it.

Sad that rhythmic gymnasts have such a short shelf life. The Averina twins said they don’t think they’ll continue to Paris and it’s only 3 years away.

Last edited:
Linoy Ashram had higher D scores on every routine. Difficulty is very important this quad. Execution judges can’t differentiate much since routines are so packed with apparatus elements.

watching it on tv now. I truly do not get the loincloth and fluffy tail look with so many of the costumes. Like, of all the possible choices on earth, why does that particular look dominate so much?

It is also weird that dropping the thing doesn’t hurt the score as much as getting a knot. But I fully admit I know nothing about the flexy gymnastics and how it is judged.

ETA: Not gonna lie, knowing nothing about the judging, if my country’s world champion got beat by someone who dropped the baton when my girl didn’t, I’d think the judging was sus also (is sus the new slang word? This is what I get for trying to keep up).

Also, maybe they need to get Johnny and Tara to commentate, Nastia and Andrea were useless and boring, Johnny and Tara would likely be useless but at least interesting. (though showing 5 routines with no hoop or ball and one clubs isn’t much for anyone to work with.)

Last edited:
I unfortunately can’t watch the group final tomorrow so I have to air this out now: I’m disappointed the Israeli group’s Britney Spears melody doesn’t begin with, “It’s Britney, bitch.”

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back