Cottbus World Cup 2024, February 22-25 (Olympic Qualification)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Really glad Abi Martin has qual on vault and floor in her first Senior international. And pleased to see Halle Hilton up in 15th on floor. Kaylia Nemour is just lovely and precious and I want her and Helen Kevric to slay at Paris.

Also I want to be called Floor Sloof. Thats a great name.
Helen Kevric wasn't competing in Cottbus though. Another new senior, Marlene Gotthard, also on original roster and not competing. Hope they are not injured, but it's weird as it was a great opportunity to have their international senior debut on home turf.

Last edited:
That was spectacular. Did she get credit for the Tkatch half? I couldn't see the turn initiation prior to regrasp, but I also don't think I have a very keen eye.

Edit: okay, watched again and I think there's a slight shoulder rotation prior to the regrasp.

Seems she was given 6.9 Difficulty, which is her value when her Fenton is downgraded to a Ricna. So no credit.

nemour.png

I just bought my ticket. The lower sections have opened up and there weren't a ton of seats left, so I just went for it.

I'm equal parts excited and shell-shocked at the price I just paid.

The North Korean who sat down her double front at the same comp must be pissed it got named the Produnova.
Isn't the Belle(the triple back with a full twist) a skill that is named after him but I thought he actually never landed it successfully at a qualifying meet

I do wonder how older gymnasts feel about the naming of skills at any FIG meet now... so many skills would have different names.. The Herron could have been called an Andrade for example, IIRC, Rebeca did it ay many world cups

Helen Kevric wasn't competing in Cottbus though. Another new senior, Marlene Gotthard, also on original roster and not competing. Hope they are not injured, but it's weird as it was a great opportunity to have their international senior debut on home turf.
I know she wasn't I was talking about wanting to see her do really well in Paris.

MAG FX results:

1. Harry HEPWORTH 6.8 14.900 GBR
2. Artem DOLGOPYAT 6.4 14.866 ISR
3. Sunghyun RYU 6.1 14.366 KOR
4. Milan HOSSEINI 6.0 14.333 GER
4. Hansol KIM 6.0 14.333 KOR
6. Yahor SHARAMKOU 6.4 14.133 AIN
7. Benjamin OSBERGER 5.9 14.100 FRA
8. Aurel BENOVIC 6.1 11.433 CRO

Massive score for Hepworth. GB are going to have some tough selection decisions on the men's side.

In the race for Paris, Ryu Sunghyun repeats his 30 points from last week. Top of the rankings now I think are

Ryu 60 points
Kim 37
Osberger 34
Diorges Escobar 25
Clay Mason-Stephens 24
Eddie Penev, Sharamkou 20

Korea can only get one spot from the whole series because they already have two individual spots, so Ryu and Kim are also effectively competing with Hur Woong on PH.

GB are going to have some tough selection decisions on the men's side.
I think GB MAG is going to be one of the toughest teams to pick.

That has to be it for Chuso now right? 😢

Pretty impressed with Martin's vault save. Looked like a hand slip but she still managed a decent, albeit messy, 1.5Y.

Rasmussen is vaulting in finals it looks like.
ETA: unless the scoring software goes on and just added 9th athlete because, well, she was next in line. We'll see in a bit.
ETA2: Indeed she was just added by the scoring software and wasn't in finals. Real bummer as I got all excited over it. So below are final vault results. Everyone but Escalera and Martin eligible to qualify for Paris so Chuso getting 16 points for 5th place here.
1708785592210.png

Last edited:
Pommels

1. Nariman KURBANOV 6.7 15.433 KAZ
2. Ahmad ABU AL SOUD 6.4 15.300 JOR
3. Woong HUR 6.5 15.300 KOR
4. Illia KOVTUN 6.5 15.000 UKR
5. Matvei PETROV 6.4 14.833 ALB
6. Gagik KHACHIKYAN 6.5 14.800 ARM
7. Loran DE MUNCK 6.5 14.666 NED
8. Benjamin OSBERGER 6.0 12.933 FRA

Abu Al-Soud 55
Kurbanov 46
Hur 45
Osberger 32
Zeinolla Idrissov 30

Last edited:
Very happy for Georgieva. I was in the arena when she got injured at Munich and it was harrowing. Great to see her doing well.

Rasmussen is vaulting in finals it looks like.
ETA: unless the scoring software goes on and just added 9th athlete because, well, she was next in line. We'll see in a bit. View attachment 10076

It's done this for the other events as well, I think it thinks the first reserve is the next up.

An Chang Ok moves to 60 points, Georgieva to 50. I think Vlkova will be third but it's looking good for the top two. (not 100% sure of the exact points because the FIG have given points to Mexico last week for some reason)

I believe the top 8 olympic qualifiers in WAG vault are now
Chang Ok An 60
Georgieva 50
Vlkova 32
Navas 27
Chusovitina 26
Font 23
Rasmussen 20
Nayak 20
If Escalera is counted in, then Vlkova, Chuso and Rasmussen get 2 points less each but the order doesn't change except Nayak moves ahead of Rasmussen instead of tie.

Escalera is not eligible for points because Mexico is maxed out at 3 Olympic slots already.
Moreno via AA, Sandoval via bars, and nominative entry via finishing 14th.

Escalera is not eligible for points because Mexico is maxed out at 3 Olympic slots already.
Moreno via AA, Sandoval via bars, and nominative entry via finishing 14th.

This should be true, but per the official ranking from FIG, Cassandra Loustalot scored points on beam last week.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back