2024 Baku World Cup

Baku World Cup 2024, March 7-10 (Olympic Qualification)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

seriously…

It’s really hard to step out of a front layout, it kills so much momentum. She’s clearly a powerful athlete, so it would be fair to see she has the potential for it. But it’s still a significant upgrade.
Yes, I seriously think she could learn the skill, and can probably already do it but not at the end of a routine. We were just discussing possible upgrades for her and this is an obvious one.

I am not sure it is a last chance at an Olympics.
2028 is at home in Los Angeles.
A team with a core of Malabuyo, Ruivivar, Finnegan could seriously contend for a top 12 spot in LA, especially if they can recruit one more strong level 10/elite athlete.
They definitely have the talent to make a team that has a shot at qualifying for the Olympics, but I'll be honest at least 2 of those 3 gymnasts strike me as the fragile type. And the costs of training for four more years when not "funded" by NCAA...

This floor routine aside from the tumbling is one of the most awful things I've ever seen. Please get this gymnast off the Jade Carey train and get her something decent to work with for next year.
Maybe she can do the triple back and win the Olympic floor title!

They definitely have the talent to make a team that has a shot at qualifying for the Olympics, but I'll be honest at least 2 of those 3 gymnasts strike me as the fragile type. And the costs of training for four more years when not "funded" by NCAA...
I guess it depends how keen the Filipino federation is. They may cover training costs

MAG VT:

GIS_r6_XkAAv8K_

Mahdi Olfati 62 (30+20+12) - will guarantee qualification with second in Doha
Shek 60 (30+30+0) - will guarantee qualification with sixth in Doha
James Bacueti 46 (25+16+5) - must finish at least third in Doha
Tseng 43 (25+18+0) - must finish at least fourth in Doha
Trinh Hai Khang 34 (18+16+0) - must win in Doha
Benovic 32 (20+12+0) - must win in Doha
Jacob Karlsen 32 (25+7+0)

Karlsen was injured in Baku and will not participate in Doha, so he's out even if mathematically he's still in.
Just finding out about Mahdi, kind of exciting to have a new high level vaulter in the mix. I don’t remember him being at worlds.

Yeah, he's the real deal with two nice double pike vaults. (Rule changes this quad that allowed for this have helped him!)

The air sense he has on these is incredible. Beautiful from block to landing. I worry he's had some short landings though with those taped knees. May he make it safely to Paris!

The air sense he has on these is incredible. Beautiful from block to landing. I worry he's had some short landings though with those taped knees. May he make it safely to Paris!
I once watched everything i could find of his gymnastics on YouTube and I think I did see some pretty crunchy landings.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back