2024 Baku World Cup

Baku World Cup 2024, March 7-10 (Olympic Qualification)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I thought for sure Kaylia fell on the mount, but no, it was a whippier LO than usual.

User has all EF vids of today btw.

If I were Malabuyo I would get myself registered for Doha. She can withdrew if UCLA advances to nationals and need her.
However, chances are more likely UCLA will get eliminated at regionals.
So if they do, that frees up the weekend for Doha.
Does she have any other avenue to the Olympics? Cuz even if ucla made final 4, I personally would trade watching OU win Nationals again for my last chance at the big Os. And not a longshot, impossible chance.

MAG VT:

GIS_r6_XkAAv8K_

Mahdi Olfati 62 (30+20+12) - will guarantee qualification with second in Doha
Shek 60 (30+30+0) - will guarantee qualification with sixth in Doha
James Bacueti 46 (25+16+5) - must finish at least third in Doha
Tseng 43 (25+18+0) - must finish at least fourth in Doha
Trinh Hai Khang 34 (18+16+0) - must win in Doha
Benovic 32 (20+12+0) - must win in Doha
Jacob Karlsen 32 (25+7+0)

Karlsen was injured in Baku and will not participate in Doha, so he's out even if mathematically he's still in.

High bar:

GITWo7aXwAANGmh

All the medallists getting the same score.

Tang 76
Tvorogal 75
Barajas 45
Mariano 45

Tang has qualified. Barajas and Mariano both need to win in Doha with Tvorogal not second to take the second spot to a tiebreak. Not 100% sure of this, but I think Mariano is unlikely to win a tiebreak.

If I were Malabuyo I would get myself registered for Doha. She can withdrew if UCLA advances to nationals and need her.
However, chances are more likely UCLA will get eliminated at regionals.
So if they do, that frees up the weekend for Doha.
She’s said she’ll only go if UCLA doesn’t make nationals so I assume they’ll get her registered to keep the option open.

Does she have any other avenue to the Olympics? Cuz even if ucla made final 4, I personally would trade watching OU win Nationals again for my last chance at the big Os. And not a longshot, impossible chance.
Yeah, there isn’t a chance in hell UCLA will make nationals. Depth issues aside, many routines/vaults are deteriorating. Emma would be mad not to register for Doha. Hopefully the UCLA coaching staff can read the tea leaves and let her go.

Yeah, there isn’t a chance in hell UCLA will make nationals. Depth issues aside, many routines/vaults are deteriorating. Emma would be mad not to register for Doha. Hopefully the UCLA coaching staff can read the tea leaves and let her go.
I agree that things aren’t looking good. But we haven’t seen their strongest lineups yet/in a while. If their top team is ready for post season, they can contend for nationals.

I agree that things aren’t looking good. But we haven’t seen their strongest lineups yet/in a while. If their top team is ready for post season, they can contend for nationals.
Even the strongest gymnasts though are regressing. It’s becoming pretty clear that there is still a glaring technical coaching issue at UCLA.

my last chance at the big Os. And not a longshot, impossible chance.
I am not sure it is a last chance at an Olympics.
2028 is at home in Los Angeles.
A team with a core of Malabuyo, Ruivivar, Finnegan could seriously contend for a top 12 spot in LA, especially if they can recruit one more strong level 10/elite athlete.

Where are our WAG code experts at? There's got to be better routine construction for Esponda's floor. Four passes and only a 5.5 in finals? I know her dance is weak so options are limited there, but there's got to be a better way.

Where are our WAG code experts at? There's got to be better routine construction for Esponda's floor. Four passes and only a 5.5 in finals? I know her dance is weak so options are limited there, but there's got to be a better way.
I believe she's going for 5.9. She could replace the front tuck with a layout, or even a front full, to capitalize on that pass. What she really needs is new choreography, though.

I think tempest means that she should be able to do a front layout stepout to her double back rather than the front tuck stepout that she currently competes. And I agree.
seriously…

It’s really hard to step out of a front layout, it kills so much momentum. She’s clearly a powerful athlete, so it would be fair to see she has the potential for it. But it’s still a significant upgrade.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back