Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Vault
Cairo VT (2).png

Valentina Georgieva, An Chang Ok, Pranati Nayak

Uneven Bars
Cairo UB (2).png

Luo Huan, Huang Zhuofan, Ondine Achampong

Re beam qualification. Pinxten could easily take the beam spot away from Derwael. Only one gymnast per apparatus per country allowed to qualify for Paris I believe.
Hypothetically, if they end up 1-2 or 1-3 or 2-3(Pinxten-Derwael) and Pinxten ends up getting a floor spot also, can Derwael get her beam spot then?
"Only one country can secure a spot per apparatus, with a maximum of three overall per National Olympic Committee." (link below)
Does this mean 3 for WAG and 3 for MAG, or 3 for WAG + MAG combined? https://olympics.com/en/news/artistic-gymnastics-fig-apparatus-world-cup-series-begins-cairo

Camille Rasmussen's first vault:

We don't necessarily have the angles the judges do, but If you pause the video around 0:22 that looks feet first to me?

• Wow
Reactions: One
So from what I’ve heard she would need to be within a shout of making an event final, around the top 16 in the world. 13.7 would have placed 19th in Qualifying at 2023 worlds, 16th if you remove 2pers.

I’d say borderline, but maybe the fact that she earned the berth through winning the World Cup series as opposed to a continental quota will significantly help her cause.
I don't see why they would send her to the World Cups in the first place if they weren't going to accept the spot if she won it.

I think they should add Australia and New Zealand to Asia for championships purposes, and give Asia an extra team/individual spot to accommodate the addition. New Zealand gets a worse deal, but they don't really have the quality of gymnasts to warrant a near auto-birth to worlds/Olympics that no other nation on their tier level has. I'm not sure there's a completely fair way to accommodate what is essentially a two nation continental federation.

So from what I’ve heard she would need to be within a shout of making an event final, around the top 16 in the world. 13.7 would have placed 19th in Qualifying at 2023 worlds, 16th if you remove 2pers.

I’d say borderline, but maybe the fact that she earned the berth through winning the World Cup series as opposed to a continental quota will significantly help her cause.
Oh yea I assume GRB has done enough to get the NOC's approval. I've seen speculation that's why they went with her over McGregor. Outside of her, they don't have anyone with the necessary results to get the quota spot, so it's wasted unless they make an exception.

I think they should add Australia and New Zealand to Asia for championships purposes, and give Asia an extra team/individual spot to accommodate the addition. New Zealand gets a worse deal, but they don't really have the quality of gymnasts to warrant a near auto-birth to worlds/Olympics that no other nation on their tier level has. I'm not sure there's a completely fair way to accommodate what is essentially a two nation continental federation.

Oh yea I assume GRB has done enough to get the NOC's approval. I've seen speculation that's why they went with her over McGregor. Outside of her, they don't have anyone with the necessary results to get the quota spot, so it's wasted unless they make an exception.
Same. It makes sense, if you have to justify a case its better to say someone won a global world cup qualification process than it is to say they got a default spot because of geography.

11.970 made FX finals.

A dancer who could do a layout full could score that.
Layout full B
back tuck A
front tuck
3 C or D turns
3 C leaps
Deduct 0.2 for each element and 0.2 for artistry
E-score: 8.2
D-score: 3.8

Score: 12.0

It’s the NZ Olympic committee who makes the decision, not the gymnastics federation.
Wouldn't you check with the Olympic committee before spending the money to send someone half way across the world for a few weeks to qualify?

It just doesn't make any sense to me that they would go to those lengths and then not accept the spot.

Re beam qualification. Pinxten could easily take the beam spot away from Derwael. Only one gymnast per apparatus per country allowed to qualify for Paris I believe.
Hypothetically, if they end up 1-2 or 1-3 or 2-3(Pinxten-Derwael) and Pinxten ends up getting a floor spot also, can Derwael get her beam spot then?
"Only one country can secure a spot per apparatus, with a maximum of three overall per National Olympic Committee." (link below)
Does this mean 3 for WAG and 3 for MAG, or 3 for WAG + MAG combined? https://olympics.com/en/news/artistic-gymnastics-fig-apparatus-world-cup-series-begins-cairo
Derwael fell with her first difficulty. So I assume this means she lost a point?
Let's see today who is the best.

Day 2 finals underway now. Beam is wide open, as Ondine looks to have fallen/fucked up and only got 12.6. Pinxten got 13.1 and is winning so far.

Derwael is in the lead with 13.630 and will get maximum points for this.

Suspect the Belgian federation will be happier with her winning it rather than Pinxten, since the latter potentially has a chance at the continental AA qualification if prelims from worlds are anything to go by.

I believe the Belgian federation will be happy with anyone going to the Olympics. Ofcourse Nina is the biggest name, however after the very successful Tokyo 2021, it would be a disaster if there is no women in Paris

Oh I'm sure, but they do look like a good bet for at least one from the beam series don't they? If Nina can get 13.6 from an international panel, usual caveats about not having seen the routine yet, I think it has to be hers to lose. Nobody else who's in the running is likely to match that. The next one down points wise is Lai Pin Ju, and there's quite a lot of clear water between her and both Belgians.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back