Cottbus World Cup 2023, February 23-26

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

AFAIK we haven’t heard how the FIG came up with the list of qualifiers last year.
This is wild. We laugh when gymnasts don’t realise they’ve qualified because of rule changes; but given how complicated they can be and how much they change it can be understandable. It’s ridiculous that we still don’t understand how qualifications for previous worlds and Olympics worked exactly.

Thank goodness elite season has finally started (I’ve tried and I just can’t with NCAA). Frustrating that after nothing for so long we get three elite competitions in one weekend (Cottbus, English Championships, Winter Cup). I really enjoyed the Cottbus finals, particularly BB and MAG VT.

Fp5lSnkXwAEp_o2

Fp5lkH1WIAIWVew

Fp53u2RXoAAAQTv

Fp54H8yX0AUQ_eW

Fp6ATc2WIAEe2mp

Japan are obviously doing something right on beam. Kokufugata’s floor will be interesting when the video appears. She was initially given 4.5D for 4th place, but later increased to 5.2. Her triple twist looked a bit short in real time, if she’s also doing a 2.5 that’s risky.

They’re really focusing on execution and fluidity on bb. Already in Liverpool they were one of the most rewarding teams to watch, tbh. I was pretty distraught with the tf fiasco, specially cause that routine (i don’t mean the meltdown, but the potential that the one athlete had on the event) was very unrepresentative of the approach of the team.

Last edited:
Here is Kokufugata’s routine with the seven tenths of questionable d score. I think the triple twist is around enough? Unless there’s something else?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back