2024 Baku World Cup

Baku World Cup 2024, March 7-10 (Olympic Qualification)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

J175

Nominative Registration:

Another strong list. Some notes -

The USA have registered Cameron Bock, Alexander Diab, Stephen Nedoroscik, Jordan Chiles and Zoe Miller. I don't know if the men are correct, but the women have definitely not been selected yet.

China have registered an extremely strong MAG team, including Xiao Ruoteng and Zou Jingyuan, and another good WAG team as well.

Armenia are not going, unsurprisingly given the political situation, but this could have an impact on Olympic qualification on the MAG side. They'll still get three results to count from the other World Cups, but they won't get to drop one.

As already reported in the Cairo thread, Belgium are sending Nina Derwael, Maellyse Brassart and Erika Pinxten to Cairo and Cottbus, but it sounds like their participation in Baku will depend on results in the first two meets.

Japan are sending both MAG and WAG again, as are Italy, GB have registered Gianni Regini-Moran and Harry Hepworth, other names not going for Olympic qualification include Kaylia Nemour and Carlos Yulo.

The Philippines have registered Levi Jung-Ruivivar again, but no Emma Malabuyo this time. This matches up with what she's previously said about going to Cairo and Cottbus but seemingly not Baku or Doha, but reports in the last few days indicate she is planning to go to Baku as well, so maybe she will be a late addition to the roster. Getting at least a third score is important if she really wants to go to Paris.

I have tickets for Baku however I heard today from a reliable source that the FIG are trying to find an alternative location, should the political situation in Azerbaijan change rapidly

Hm, I wonder who could host a world cup on such short notice? (Liverpool is the answer, right?)

Hm, I wonder who could host a world cup on such short notice? (Liverpool is the answer, right?)
well it is actually the week before the British so might work with equipment set up but they would have to bump Rick Astley lol

Baku nominative list updated yesterday. Jong only doing UB (as expected), Esponda's only event is FX.
Hoopes and Nedoroscik both PH only.

I wonder if we will see the triple back from Esponda in Baku? Maybe not in preliminaries but perhaps finals?
What do you guys think?

I wonder if we will see the triple back from Esponda in Baku? Maybe not in preliminaries but perhaps finals?
What do you guys think?
That would actually make sense (as a reason why she does FX only).
But the only videos of it I saw were into a pit, so I agree with MaryClare.

So this starts tomorrow, but as far as I can tell there is no start list available, and no live scoring link. Baku usually uses Smartscoring, but their website doesn't currently have anything on it about anything other than a message saying "COMING SOON".

Some news about the start list we do have is that Erika Pinxten has withdrawn because of a back injury.

Last edited:
An must've had a rough vault because she's in 2nd behind Georgieva. I think if both go clean in EF, they've got the two vault spots locked up.

GRB's lead in world cup standings survived bars prelims, though Masova and Ruivivar could pass her if they get 25-30 points in EF. Tsitavets won't get points here, so she's likely out unless she wins in Doha.

Last edited:

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back