2024 Cottbus World Cup

Cottbus World Cup 2024, February 22-25 (Olympic Qualification)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Beam:

1. Yaqin ZHOU 6.7 14.900 CHN
2. Urara ASHIKAWA 6.0 14.200 JPN
3. Haruka NAKAMURA 5.8 14.000 JPN
4. Kaylia NEMOUR 6.0 14.000 ALG
5. Nina DERWAEL 5.6 13.433 BEL
6. Jennifer WILLIAMS 5.0 11.733 SWE
7. Erika PINXTEN 4.0 10.133 BEL
8. Laura CASABUENA 5.2 9.600 ESP

Only the bottom four are eligible for Olympic ranking points, so yes 30 for Derwael.

Standings now:

Derwael 60
Pinxten 45
Williams 39
Yelyzaveta Hubareva 26
Ting Hua-Tien 23
Lai Pin-Ju 20

MAG Vault:

1. Artur DAVTYAN 15.050 ARM
2. Mahdi OLFATI 14.900 IRI
3. Yilu CHEN 14.850 CHN
4. Harry HEPWORTH 14.733 GBR
5. James BACUETI 14.649 AUS
6. Yahor SHARAMKOU 14.566 AIN
7. Wei-Sheng TSENG 14.183 TPE
8. Milad KARIMI 14.050 KAZ

30 points to Olfati, 25 to Bacueti, 20 Sharamkou, 18 Tseng. Last week's winner Shek Wai Hung failed to score in Cottbus, and second placed Jacob Karlsen will only score 7 points for his 16th place.

Olfati 50
Bacueti 41
Trinh Hai Khang 34
Karlsen 32
Shek 30
Omar Mohamed 22
Sharamkou 20

Olfati only has one more chance to improve his tally, with Iran not registering for Baku possibly for political reasons. Armenia are also not going, which will definitely impact the Rings standings.

Also on vault, Israel's Andrey Medvedev failed to score this week, which combined with being unable to compete in Cairo I would say pretty much ends whatever chances he had.

Last edited:
Bars:

1. Kaylia NEMOUR 7.0 15.433 ALG
2. Alena TSITAVETS 6.2 14.100 AIN
3. Maellyse BRASSART 5.7 13.700 BEL
4. Yihan ZHANG 6.5 13.600 CHN
5. Georgia-Rose BROWN 5.5 13.533 NZL
6. Vanesa MASOVA 5.5 13.400 CZE
7. Natalia ESCALERA 5.9 13.400 MEX
8. Jiafei HU 5.8 9.800 CHN

Valuable points for Tsitavets and Brassart. If they can match those scores in Baku and Doha they could both go to Paris, but there's no room for error after both fell in Cairo.

Brown 50
Nathalie Westlund 39/37 (if Escalera scores points)
Tsitavets 30
Masova 28
Sara Sulekic 28/26
Levi Ruivivar 26/24
Brassart 25
Laura Casabuena 23/22
An Chang Ok 20
Who else would you say has a chance?

@J175 Thank you so much for that rundown. I have cared enough to follow but I have not had the time / energy to try to figure it all out. So that was really nice of you to share.

Is Malabuyo signed up for Baku or Doha?
Not for Baku it looks like, and neither is Derwael as of now.
I haven't seen nominative list for Doha, yet.
Baku for PHI
1708882927361.png

Floor. I think this means Moerz got 30, Kayisoglu 25 and Bauyrzhanova 20?

1. Yaqin ZHOU5.6 13.733 CHN
chn.png

2. Xinyi CHEN5.6 13.666 CHN
chn.png

3. Charlize MOERZ5.3 13.100 AUT
aut.png

4. Abigail MARTIN5.4 12.966 GBR
gbr.png

5. Sevgi KAYISOGLU 5.0 12.933 TUR
tur.png

6. Kaylia NEMOUR5.0 12.866 ALG
alg.png

7. Aida BAUYRZHANOVA4.8 12.733 KAZ
kaz.png

8. Floor SLOOFF5.1 12.366 NED
ned.png

Yes, so after two meets:

Moerz 50
Emma Malabuyo 44
Erika Pinxten 36
Jana Mahmoud 32
Kayisoglu, Laura Casabuena 25
Jennifer Williams 24
Bauyrzhanova 20

Not for Baku it looks like, and neither is Derwael as of now.
I haven't seen nominative list for Doha, yet.
Baku for PHI
View attachment 10079

Malabuyo has said she is going to Baku (this is a change from her originally only mentioning Cairo and Cottbus, hence not being on the registration). Doha clashes with NCAA nationals. It depends how Baku goes, but if I were her I'd rather be in Doha competing than anxiously refreshing the live scores from the US. Edit - It is possible she qualifies mathematically in Baku, but I think it's unlikely.

Derwael was also announced fairly late, I expect the registration will be updated to include her at some point.

Malabuyo has said she is going to Baku (this is a change from her originally only mentioning Cairo and Cottbus, hence not being on the registration). Doha clashes with NCAA nationals. It depends how Baku goes, but if I were her I'd rather be in Doha competing than anxiously refreshing the live scores from the US.

Derwael was also announced fairly late, I expect the registration will be updated to include her at some point.
Does it mean one of the PHI WAG won't go as they only registered 2 WAG spots?
Same with Belgium, I guess O'Driscoll will have to stay home in order to make space for Derwael? Or Pinxten or Brassart, but they both already have points so I would guess if one has to stay home, it would be O'Driscoll.

Does it mean one of the PHI WAG won't go as they only registered 2 WAG spots?
Same with Belgium, I guess O'Driscoll will have to stay home in order to make space for Derwael? Or Pinxten or Brassart, but they both already have points so I would guess if one has to stay home, it would be O'Driscoll
Yes.
If the NOC registered for a certain number of spots, from what I understand, that is what they are limited to. Names can change however, but an NOC cannot register additional athletes.

But with the FIG making this so complicated, I now doubt myself!

Malabuyo has said she is going to Baku (this is a change from her originally only mentioning Cairo and Cottbus, hence not being on the registration). Doha clashes with NCAA nationals. It depends how Baku goes, but if I were her I'd rather be in Doha competing than anxiously refreshing the live scores from the US. Edit - It is possible she qualifies mathematically in Baku, but I think it's unlikely.

It’s more likely than not UCLA doesn’t make nationals this year, so she may still be able to go to Doha.

I genuinely think a rule that you get a free one after your 8th would be pretty popular.

In terms of the results... all getting very interesting. I think the Belgian fans can feel a little more reassured at least. Floor is looking like the one most likely to throw us some surprises.

I genuinely think a rule that you get a free one after your 8th would be pretty popular.

In terms of the results... all getting very interesting. I think the Belgian fans can feel a little more reassured at least. Floor is looking like the one most likely to throw us some surprises.
It doesn't mean anything if you do not earn it. A record of competing at "insert # of " Olympics doesn't have any significance if you did not earn all trips.

I am fine with Chusovitina not going to the Olympics with her gymnastics looking this way. She wrote a novel of a career, but that book seems to have closed.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back