Women’s Team Final

2024 Olympic WAG Team Final (Tuesday: July 30, 2024) 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Does Flavia have any other events. I'm concerned about her possibly being concussed and if she is, it's gonna hit harder tomorrow than today

I also disagree the potential tty, if it were to materialise, would be no help to andrade in ef.

I also disagree the potential tty, if it were to materialise, would be no help to andrade in ef.

The way Simone's been scoring, it would be extremely possible - even likely - to see the very dissatisfying outcome of her beating Andrade with a fall on the YDP. That scenario is less likely to happen if Andrade does the TTY. But yes, Simone will probably still win gold if she doesnt fall and Andrade throws the Andrade.

Yes. But she can't feel good right now. I really do feel sorry for her.
She was always the kinda outsider -- younger, not a returning olympian, and basically had to know her spot was only open because Jones and Blakely got injured. If her coach (well, maybe) and family (probably not) were straight with her, she should be counting her blessings that she got an Olympic Gold medal, is going to get all the swag and attention with the rest of the team and all she had to do was one UB and one BB and cheer the rest of the time.

If her coach (well, maybe) and family (probably not) were straight with her, she should be counting her blessings that she got an Olympic Gold medal, is going to get all the swag and attention with the rest of the team and all she had to do was one UB and one BB and cheer the rest of the time.
Hezly is a highly competeitive athlete. I can not imagine that she is feeling lucky right now. Look, worse things have happened to people and I do think she will go on and have a great career. But this has to be tough for her.

Yeah, some folks are probably more empathetic than I am... but from where I'm sitting, she was lucky to make it onto the team in the first place, and got the chance of a lifetime and a gold medal to boot. I don't think she earned a place in TF just so she could feel good. It's a sport. :)
But a gold medal she did not contribute to winning. I am a strong empath (and a highly compettitive person). I would feel extremely bad if I were her right about now.

Does anyone have a link to a video of the medal ceremony?

They could have put up Hezly on floor instead of Suni. But I think all of these ladies wanted to compete as much as they could. Biles had the option of resting in TF and she not to.

I've got to ask this as it's had me wondering... the name 'Hezly'?? Is it short for something or is it a traditional Latina name - I have never heard it before?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back