2024 WAG Qualification Subdivision 1 (GBR MG 7 ROU MG 1 Mex) Sunday July 28 3:30 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Looking again at Kinsella's floor, I'm thinking the triple may have got downgraded and the D score torpedoed because of it. Any dissenting views or agreement?

IT RETURNS

Scandelous.jpeg

Just starting the replay. Ukraine's leo is gorgeous.

I see in the live they played a commercial over Evan's vault. Don't worry, in the replay, they cut the commercial out but still didn't show the vault. So, guess they didn't bother filming it?

ETA2: after seeing the beautiful swiss leo, the clown collar on Mexico's leo is really extra tragic. They need to never do that again.

Last edited:
Just starting the replay. Ukraine's leo is gorgeous.

I see in the live they played a commercial over Evan's vault. Don't worry, in the replay, they cut the commercial out but still didn't show the vault. So, guess they didn't bother filming it?

ETA2: after seeing the beautiful swiss leo, the clown collar on Mexico's leo is really extra tragic. They need to never do that again.
It definitely got filmed by someone. I saw it on the Discovery vault feed. So hopefully it'll turn up somewhere soon.

Looking again at Kinsella's floor, I'm thinking the triple may have got downgraded and the D score torpedoed because of it. Any dissenting views or agreement?
I haven't seen the video. But this happened at Worlds EF last year. They've known this issue for so long. At this point, I'm not even mad. Even if the CoP is unfair - this was a known issue and they did nothing.

I have thoughts about Voinea's E Score on Floor.

I had 8.0 for Suni. They gave 8.0.
I had 7.9 for Jordan. They gave 8.066.
I had 6.6 for Jade. They gave 6.433.
I had 7.5 for Abi Martin. They gave 7.466.

I had a 6.8 for Voinea. They gave 7.6.

I just don't understand it. It's like, an absolute willful blindness.

I haven't seen the video. But this happened at Worlds EF last year. They've known this issue for so long. At this point, I'm not even mad. Even if the CoP is unfair - this was a known issue and they did nothing.
Yep. Sending her into the Olympics with that composition was a choice. I'm sorry for Alice if it ends up keeping her out of the Olympic AA final, but let nobody say it wasn't a clear risk.

Obviously I wouldn’t actively root against Voinea, but it’s hard to really root for her knowing that her mother and the awful faction in Romania will take successes as validation for their attitude.

Loving Barbosu’s development and her elegance, however!

Root for the gymnast. There’s something to be said about this young lady making it to two finals and the team possibly finishing top 8. As far as “attitude” goes people will be messy when so much is at steak and that’s ok. I don’t blame the Veineas as Sabrina has what it takes to be a star and stir up interest in the sport.

Finally, having a difficult time rooting for a gymnast for matters outside of their control simply isn’t fair, if you applied that across the board you’d have very little to root for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Root for the gymnast. There’s something to be said about this young lady making it to two finals and the team possibly finishing top 8. As far as “attitude” goes people will be messy when so much is at steak and that’s ok. I don’t blame the Veineas as Sabrina has what it takes to be a star and stir up interest in the sport.

Finally, having a difficult time rooting for a gymnast for matters outside of their control simply isn’t fair, if you applied that across the board you’d have very little to root for.

What’s been happening in Romania with the people behind Team Voinea is beyond just bad attitudes. They nearly bullied Barbosu out of the sport entirely. It’s been absolutely vicious.

I don’t think it’s fully realistic to expect people’s sympathies to be based on fairness. I said I wouldn’t actively root against her (I always hate seeing people on Reddit etc saying they want gymnasts to underperform or worse, fall), but I often feel she’s a bit overscored and I just prefer the other Romanians. I don’t agree that it’s unfair to have a preference like that! Barbosu could be just as strong as Voinea, I think.

Barbosu is one of their strongest gymnasts and should have received much more support instead of being nearly bullied into quitting entirely. That's not conducive to supporting Voinea because it reeks of dimming Barbosu's light to make Voinea's seem brighter.

Thank you for sharing that. NBC laid a commercial right over that part of the video (at least for me), and I could not see it. Good for her!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back