2024 Olympic Games: WAG All-Around Finals: Thursday, August 1 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Great competition! Happy for Suni and love that it came down to the last event. I hope everyone gets a rest day tomorrow, they all look like they need it.

OK. So there is this. This may be the first AA where Simone had some very very very serious competition. And she still won. That solidifies her GOAT status forever. Yeah Simone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note-I never thought Suni had that double layout kind of power and I was surprised she kept the skill in so long. I definitely never saw her a double lay with a full girl, so kudos to her and the coaches for knowing how to teach that so well.
And once you saw it, you never thought she was going to die doing it. Same with her dty. It was like, stick with the 1.5, don't die, but nope, she's throwing pretty solid DTYs that don't look like knee busters.

Iordache in 2014 is still the closest anyone has ever gotten to her, which is insane to think about.
Forgot it was that close! That was the year Simone had shoulder issues and had to downgrade bars. It’s crazy that in 11 years, that was the only physical injury she had. She missed a total of one competition (Pac Rims).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back