2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 1: Aug 3

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Martinez was confirming that, I think he was talking to the Spaniards. I actually like that rule if it'S the case

Justin Spring is saying that Whitehouse lost connection bonus for having too large of a landing error (but not a fall). That's a MAG-only rule, right? I don't remember anything like that in WAG but I haven't been following the COP lately.
Yeah they’re saying it was the deep squat landing. I’m not super familiar with the MAG code, though

hey at least they didn't say it's a switch leap. It discourages throwing connections you can't quite make comfortably, I guess. I'm all for penalizing tho so.

Not the first ever gold medal for Philippines, Rich. First gold medal was won in Tokyo by Hidi Diaz, in weightlifting.

I love Yulo winning but I thought that front double pike especially on replay was ... An area where the judge were feeling a little generous.

What do people think of the medals? I didn't love them when they first released the design, but they've grown on me. They look really hefty, which seems appropriate for the Olympics.

I also thought all three ceremonies in the end, and that it was the reason to go with three days EF. But whatever. I am in hurry but I don’t mind seeing Yulo getting his gold (and before I was done typing the VT peacock coverage cut the ceremonies so I didn’t even see Yulo stepping on the podium).

Athletes have commented the
Medals are really heavy. I like that. I also like that there’s a bit of the Eiffel Tower in there too.

Ugh, the audio is like 8 seconds behind on my stream. Get it together Peacock!

What do people think of the medals? I didn't love them when they first released the design, but they've grown on me. They look really hefty, which seems appropriate for the Olympics.
I like them. I also really like that they have a bit of the Eiffel Tower in them. That's honestly really cool.

Are they supposed to be a rosette design?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back