2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 1: Aug 3

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’d be really negative about the Russian men who support the war.

He's from Northern Ireland. People from NI can carry both passports and have the option to choose to compete for Ireland or GB. The CWGs are a weird thing because England, Scotland, Wales, and NI all send teams, no GB team.
Interesting. I've always found it odd that there's a team GB, when the actual country is the United Kingdom. I'm sure there are reasons, but they're not clear from this side of the Atlantic.

Yes, it’s definitely equivalent to make such very funny jokes about Max Whitlock and about the Russian MAG athletes.

one more routine. could still get beat. nvm he fell

Wait, he competes for both Ireland and Northern Ireland? Where is he from? Does Team Ireland include Northern Ireland at the Olympics?

The Good Friday agreement I think gave NI citizens dual rights to Irish citizenship. I believe he is from NI. At Commonwealth Games the 4 nations - England, Scotland, Wales and NI compete separately so he chose NI. But internationally he chose Ireland over GB.

Interesting. I've always found it odd that there's a team GB, when the actual country is the United Kingdom. I'm sure there are reasons, but they're not clear from this side of the Atlantic.

Technically it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back