2024 Olympic Games: Event Final Day 3: Monday, Aug 5 (5:40 am EST) FLOOR INQUIRY REMOVED TO AG FX THREAD

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was commuting to work for most of this but it looks like I didn't miss much but heartbreak.

Simone fell and it almost looked like it was on purpose
She's normally automatic on that series. Is the beam crooked or is everyone collectively psyched out?

Granted, Simone might just legit be exhausted.

Just as I was typing give it to her it might not be the best routine but she's a performer.
Yep. I was mentally preparing a post about how throughout Simone's career, there have been plenty of better and/or more exciting beamers, but she medals time and time again because she actually hits. And then this.

NBC has shown time and time again that they don't want technical for women's, they want drama, gossip, "fun". Laurie is giving nbc what they want.
I feel like this is the case with all Olympic sports. I remember how much they focused so much on Lily King's engagement at Olympic Trials for swimming. It's sad. I wish another broadcasting company wanted the Olympics as much as NBC.

Nooo! What is up with this beam final? I finally felt like I might be able to breathe when Simone got up on beam 😞 Could she still go above Zhou?

Might be dislike for her raw form on other areas leaking over. Don't hate her personally, just not a fan (yet) cuz my heart is engaged elsewhere.
Dislike for her form on vault and floor form and dislike for her mum. I find her beam nice though but I always like Romanians on beam.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back