2022 Paris World Challenge Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Both GB gymnasts did a FTY and a 3.6D second vault which got the 2.0 deduction, so I think probably a Yurchenko layout.

What purpose that serves I don’t know. There were people who only did one vault, is intentionally doing that frowned upon at these meets?

I think I read Jen was struggling on VT at Euros (hence GB using GMF and her 1.5), so perhaps just to get used to vaulting in a comp setting again before worlds? (assuming she’s selected, of course)

Vault qualifiers
  1. Jade Carey USA 14.350
  2. Jordan Chiles USA 13.950
  3. Coline Devillard FRA 13.825
  4. Lisa Vaelen BEL 13.350
  5. Kaia Tanskanen FIN 12.975
  6. Greta Mayer HUN 12.750
  7. Nancy Taman EGY 12.725
  8. Aneta Holasova CZE 12.725
Bars qualifiers
  1. Rebeca Andrade BRA 14.600
  2. Lisa Vaelen BEL 13.900
  3. Ellie Black CAN 13.900
  4. Lorrane Oliveira BRA 13.600
  5. Zoja Szekely HUN 13.500
  6. Jordan Chiles USA 13.400
  7. Shilese Jones USA 13.200
  8. Aline Friess FRA 13.100

Poor Melanie has always fallen apart at competition. Its so sad because she is fantastic. Im also worried that Shilese may be a bit of a choker. Hopefully she can put it all together for the big ones.

That, and Poppy doesn’t have that much international experience so why not, while they’re there?

Makes me glad they put Shilese in on bars. Get a chance to experience those nerves against serious international competition but lower stakes. Hope she can put it together in finals

Looks like Jones had another rough routine on floor - 5.4D, 7.35E, -0.2 for 12.55 total. Will be very lucky to make the final with that.

Christ on a cracker, Shilese fell on a fucking wolf turn. 🤦‍♀️

Huh. I didn’t know they could take a fall on wolf turns; for some reason I thought they were immune unless it was the athlete actually coming off the beam. I either listen to too much gymternet chatter or fail to keep up on judging guidance between quads

I have a 7.6 (0.3 A). But they’ve done very well to hide the HUGE bent knee in the switch side half from the view of the judges, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this went high 7s.

ETA: 7.9 E.

The gogean attempt is not even close. Nix. The L Hop 1/1 is fully rotated. Even a little overrotated. Not sure whether they’d give that a 0.1 precision for overturn. I didn’t.

Last edited:
Shilese was absolutely short on the switch side 1/2. I swear to god if that got credit…

I bet they wished she did the Double Back 3/2 to get the name because that routine isn’t making EF, surely?

I had a 7.2 (A2) with only a 0.3 for the wolf. She definitely didn’t get -1.0P for it.

Jones hit beam, 13.45 puts her first at the moment, Carey second with 13.4 ahead of Ellie Black 13.0.

Jones is hanging on in 7th on floor for now, with all the big names gone. It will be close either way, she probably ends up 8th or 9th.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back