Doha World Cup 2024, April 17-20 (Olympic Qualification)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Ginger

Nominative registration list out. Here under 'event files'.

Malabuyo on, Moerz on (though she already qualified), only Brassart for WAG Belgium.

Last edited:
Malabuyo is there for now, depends if UCLA qualifies a team to nationals (or she as an individual).
Lol, there is quite the incentive for her to not qualify as an individual.

I would think, though, that if she qualified as an individual, Janelle would let her choose to go to Doha. It doesn't make sense to punish her for doing a good job.

I assumed Nina wouldn't go, and Pinxten may still be injured. So no surprises with Belgium. Wonder why Moerz is bothering? Is there prize money? It's pretty close to Euros and she's in with a chance of a medal.

Yep, prize money. Completely independent of Olympic qualification, there's prize money for each world cup event, and additional money for overall series event champions.

I know there was a web site that has all the world cup standings and great insights on countries and gymnast. I might be wrong but I think the guy's name is Spencer. Can someone direct me to that site please?

Does anyone know how the tiebreaks work here?
Malabuyo has 69 points (30+14+25), so 14 to drop.
Casabuena got 45 (25+0+20), so nothing to drop.
If Malabuyo ends 3rd and Casabuena wins, they both get 75.
I suppose in this case Malabuyo would win the tiebreak as she would have more points total, but can't find the tiebreak rules anywhere.

Does anyone know how the tiebreaks work here?
The rankings of their three counting places would be added, the lowest total score wins the tie break. Malabuyo was 2nd in Cairo and 4th in Baku and Casabuena was 3rd in Cairo and 6th in Baku. So Malabuyo is 6 right now and Casabuena is 9 right now. Casabuena would need to take 1st place points and finish 4 spots higher than Malabuyo to win this tie break. If its 3 spots, it is a tie. If its 2 spots difference it would go to Malabuyo.

So the next tie breaker would be the average of the 3 scores and the gymnast with the highest average score wins the tie break. Not 100% on that.
So Malabuyo has 12.666 (Cairo) 12.600 (Cottbus) 13.133 (Baku) so far 12.8995
Casabuena has 12.633 (Cairo) 12.466 (Cottbus) 12.833 (Baku) 12.733
Malabuyo is currently winning the tie break by average score, with a .166 cushion, which is not a lot.

If both of them show up to Doha then Cottbus results are thrown out for both gymnasts, so long as they do better in Doha than Cottbus.

Last edited:
Thanks @irichluck21
I think the only scenario for tiebreak between Casabuena and Malabuyo is as I mentioned before, Casabuena 1st and Malabuyo 3rd in Doha.

Live scoring

Not heard of any working streams yet.

Jennifer Williams was in 2nd with 48 points after Baku, and I think she's probably out now. She only got 12.066, and is in 4th of 5 so far. Can't imagine that'll get her any points here.

Levi hit, but is currently in 6th behind GRB, Westlund and Brassert. Could be significant in the end. Nemour is of course winning, with yet another 15.4.

Chusovitina currently listed for all 4 events, which should be interesting. She's in 2nd on vault currently.

Looks like Chusso withdrew from bars. I count 9 left to compete, so there will be some nervous nail biting from some of those who already went.

These are the 9 left to go

KAZBAUYRZHANOVA AidaUneven bars
TPE
TPE
MAI LIU Hsiang-HanUneven bars
AIN
AIN
TSITAVETS AlenaUneven bars
GEO
GEO
MOTTEN DorienUneven bars
POR