2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wow, Italy’s got bronze pretty much sewn up unless they really biff beam. Can’t believe China is so far down the rankings. Would be fun to see Japan medal but I don’t want to wish a meltdown on the Italians.

China are 2.7 points behind Italy in 4th… but Italy have beam and China vault. They should pass Japan and GB easily enough, who are currently 4th and 5th respectively.

Public figures don’t give up so much privacy that their medical issues need to be put on full display for the consumption of people who have never met them, let alone know them. Just because Simone pulled out of TFs, it’s still her personal business.

But who is going to run them down?
France is five points back going to vault.
GB is 2 points back going to bars?
Japan 2 points back going to beam.

I know anything can happen but they’re in control here.

That is just not so. If the president of the US has to step down from his or her office in midstream we are entitled to know why. That is an extreme example, but of course the public is entitled to know certain things. There is a world of difference between public figures and the rest of us

Last edited:
Yeah that’s why I said it’s a comfortable lead. But two falls can get you down in no time. Plus beam doesn’t score as high as vault; where China is.

Definitely advantage for China for Bronze. They well outscored The Italians on BB on VT on prelims by more than point above the margin.

No one is saying we have a right to see her medical records. But we have a right to know some basics about why she pulled put. And as for the medical privacy thing that goes to the medical provider’s obligation to maintain confidentiality. It does not mean that a public figure can/should keep any and all information about their situation private. These are two totally different things. Imagine President Biden having to step down from his Office and saying “sorry folks. None of your business why”

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back