2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Love the Chinese Leo, and Tang is such a beautiful worker.

Last edited:
Its totally going to be impossible for U.S. to win Gold. I have no idea what on earth is going on at this point. Is it mental with Simone? Something is seriously serioulsy wrong

Which at this point looks more likely than the US hitting.

Is it possible for the US to sub a reserve in on another event in finals without fully pulling Simone from the competition (today or finals) if necessary?

At trials Simone said she hurts so bad. I thought she meant the usual pain but this isn’t the usual.

It looked like Simone was high on the table when she went for the vault, but still she had no problem with a nice Amanar in prelims, so I am struggling to explain the bailing out from a technical standpoint. It sucks because the D score drops and it’s a deduction for doing the wrong vault…

Simone has never buckled under the pressure like this, that I remember. Im so shocked. And the girls on the team seem to feed off of her energy, so let’s hope that’s not the case. I really want her to get it together for herself. I feel awful for her. Russia is so happy right now… Its not over though. Beam is beam!

Last edited:
So interesting that several of us didn’t clock Simone was down a twist on first watch. It goes to show how much we see what we expect to see.

There was no sign of this in warmups. Her last vault was an Amanar and it looked fine. She didn’t control the landing at all, but it would still have been a 15 no problem.

This doesn’t bode well for the rest of her meet, when Biles makes a mistake it tends to get her confidence down for the rest of the night.

Reactions: L_R

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back