US WAG Olympic trials Night 2 (LIVE DISCUSSION)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Is Judge 4 the same as Judge 5 from night 1?

Last edited:
KF94s work really well. They are the Korean equivalent of N95s. And they are comfortable. I can wear them for hours, talk through them, your glasses do not fog.

Hey, did they fix the lights Simone complained about?

I am watching the 4 apparatus stream on NBCOlympics and i guess it didn’t occur to them that they could make it just 2 apparatus and have bigger picture boxes…

Unpopular opinion, I would have taken Skinner over Raisman (and Locklear over Douglas) in 2016 to maximize individual medals. If that would have happened we likely wouldn’t have to be watching her now. She’s not my favorite gymnast but in 2016 she could have gotten USA a 2nd vault medal. This time around it really is a toss up between her, Wong, DiCello and McCallum. Jade is definitely fighting an injury though, maybe wouldn’t be the worst thing to bring 3 gymnasts capable of a vault medal in order to increase USA’s chances of getting 2 medals there.

The aim should be increasing the number of gymnasts in EFs. There is no point bringing someone who is going to be fighting two other Americans for a VT berth. Bring someone else to increase medal prospects.

Well, hmm. I think I may have copied a wrong line for Skinner’s E panel, as the numbers I am now seeing are different.

Here is a corrected list:
“score1”:“7.700”,“score2”:“7.900”,“score3”:“7.500”,“score4”:“8.000”,“score5”:"7.500

She didn’t complete the full. Are you saying they credited her a toe half and deducted for the fall, leg sep, bent knees, etc?

Im so sure I’ve seen help Desk videos where they only take the fall for this exact error.
Yes - see example 1 in this video, 0.5 deducted for angle of completion and 1.0 for the fall.

right? It’s annoying that there are two big blue boxes in the middle…It would be so much better with just four boxes…and logical.

Ok wow. So should I add 0.5 to my Riley score? I literally only took 1.0 cos I thought that was the rule.

That’s true, and unfortunately Tom just likely doesn’t care. I’m from MA, and we even had high school athletes wearing masks for ALL sports except for swimmers + divers who only had to wear them out of the pool. The teens found a way to make it work.

It would actually be better with 2 big boxes, since there are only 2 active events at any time. but I need 2 tvs, one to watch NBC, one to watch the feed!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back