US WAG Olympic trials Night 2 (LIVE DISCUSSION)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Maggie’s sister and mother are both posting nasty things about Riely as well. Truly awful people.

Angela Andrews is a member of the National Association of Women’s Gymnastics Judges (the governing body for all WAG judges in the US). You can email them to express how you feel about Angela’s comments.
General email: [email protected]
Catherine Batsche, President: [email protected]
Anne Heppner, Vice President: [email protected]
Denise Green, Secretary: [email protected]
Bonnie Synol, Region 7 Judging Director: [email protected]
Leslie McPeel, NJ co-State Judging Director: [email protected]
Kelly Gaston, NJ co-State Judging Director: [email protected]

Angela is also a coach at Envison Gymnastics. You can us their online contact form to reach them: https://envisiongymnastics.net/contact/

Last edited:
The writing in that post does not indicate that this Angela person is capable of intelligent thought.

What an utterly repugnant comment. That people behave this poorly in public as a means of defending MH really demonstrates that the things that happened behind closed doors were truly awful.

Chiles said that her vaulting decision (Amanar vs DTY, DTT?) is still up in the air. After everything it would be hilarious if she finishes higher than Carey and Skinner in VT qualification. I don’t think it will happen (she’s better off spending time on her beam series and linking the UB tkatchevs), but it sure would cause a dramatic gymternet meltdown.

Obviously disgusting behaviour in those social media posts. Just awful.

My emotional worlds bar podium is getting very crowded. It’s currently Downie-McCusker-Memmel and that’s before we have Olympic competition regrets. Lovely message from Becky there, she’s a star.

Is it really better for her to work on linking the tkatchevs?

That’s two tenths.

I think it’s more than worthwhile to focus on Amanar / DTT.

I’d say her highest chance of an individual medal IS vault.

Perhaps floor.

But an Amanar would really help her AA and really, I think she could 2per Jade and Skinner with that pair of vaults.

Same. I’m down for a Biles-Chiles VT podium, plus it would be kind of hilarious. Not to mention really show the need to really think about team selection if the four team members qualify for all the EF spots.

I’m not sure the returns justify the risks on an Amanar. What does it gain her individually? 3-4 tenths in the AA, assuming it’s consistent and landed well? It opens up a DTT and a fluke appearance in vault finals over Carey and Skinner? Cool, but those are huge ifs, and that’s also the value of 1-2 of her dance element deductions.

Adding a DTT is pretty wild when neither upgrade showed up at Trials or would help the team or medal landscape. IMO, she has more room to grow by pulling the Mihai-Raisman card and making her 0.3s into benefit-of-the-doubt 0.1s on bars, beam, and floor, and just staying consistent. Force Suni to hit in prelims, and act as an appropriate backup if she does not.

It was also a good point (I believe from @RedBirdie) that she hasn’t been in front of a major FIG panel lately, so cleaning up should be a priority. Nobody wants any surprises when they get somewhere.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back