US Classic Senior Session 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

By refine I really meant stabilize - I’d like to see her not have a huge check on it. But still, different strokes for different folks!

Only one potential Olympic hopeful in session one: Grace. She did good for het progress after her injury. I don’t see any other challenging the big guns.
I loved Chellsie’s comeback, loved her joy 🤩
Laurie was kind of dissapointing. If she is serious about Tokyo she should be further along by now.
Emma! PLEASE quit elite and prepare for UCLA before you really hurt yourself…

Yeah, Nastia showed a potentially usable routine on beam in 2012, at a time when the leading contenders for the team were leaving a bit of a gap: Aly had just got rinsed by the E panel in Jesolo, Gabby and McKayla both had consistency issues and we all knew Jordyn’s composition was daring the D panel to do something. Of the next level down, Bross was never going to be able to hit the Patterson consistently, Li was unusable and it wasn’t really Ebee’s event. There was 100% a gymnastics case for taking a mid 14 with a very strong history of hitting beam in major competition. That’s not a loophole, it’s performance based.

Chellsie should still have been at Nationals in 2012 though, and she should be there this year too.

I LOVE Chellsie. But one meet. An FTY. And an 11 on beam. Should not qualify you to Nationals. Im sorry.

That would barely qualify you to British Nationals.

Yeah in 2004 I think the story was that Marta encouraged Hatch to petition to trials because she was unlikely to qualify in the top 12 at nationals and she wanted to keep her big vaulter in contention. Simone aside, 2021 reminds me a lot of the 2004 era as we have lots of different plausible teams.

I also wasn’t surprised to see Chellsie fall on beam but I was expecting it to be her mount or LO-LO. The arabian seems to be her most consistent skill in training so that sucks. Loved her reaction after vault. It was a great FTY and the double looks very doable. Her interview was wonderful, great to see her chuffed and happy even though it didn’t go to plan.

I hope she can do other events at Nationals. It was obviously a lot of fun to see her compete but beam and vault were always the events of hers I was less fond of. Would like to see some bars and tumbling!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back