Simone is out of the AA, VT, UB and FX

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

gonna play devil’s advocate here so bear with me…are we sure this decision was Simone’s? I’m just wondering if Tom pulled her from it. I mean Simone is amazing…but, do you put her in and hope that she doesn’t pull out at last second again? OR do you pull her now and put in the girl that will absolutely compete? I can see the sense for both. I mean, if you pull her and put Jade in USA is guaranteed to have 2 competitors with a shot. If you let Simone decide and she goes for…maybe she’ll compete and Win or maybe she’ll pull out leaving only 1 USA competitor.

I mean, I agree with all those profiles, but I doubt that it would be Carey winning a medal at their expense, per se—if they aren’t medaling and she is, it’s because they’ve thrown away the meet. She was 9th in prelims with not much room to grow except beam.

I’ve always been a staunch opponent of “Jade AA” and I’m not gunning for it like Urazova/Lee AA champion, but it would be a funny outcome, if undesirable and bizarre.

Last edited:
Yassss! Though i think I’d rather melni or listy. Uzarova is gorgeous but she is not quite there in my mind. She’ll need to do way better than her tf bb for me to get behind her getting an Olympic medal aa

If she hits what? Cause that tf bb was emptier than raducan’s second half of her routine. I need to see that scored, including those wtf half leaps towards the end

I rather he not say anything for now until he can gain some perspective.
That’s essentially what I said yesterday. I didn’t want his hot take immediately after the meet when it wasn’t yet clear what had happened or how much Simone wanted to disclose.

Today is today.

It’s his job, at the very least, to release a canned statement congratulating Russia, congratulating the rest of the team, and showing support for Simone.

The fact that he hasn’t even done that much really is not a good look for USAG. But who would be surprised that they have no idea what they’re doing?

So how do you feel about potential aa medalist nina derwael? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So how do you feel about potential aa medalist nina derwael? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

other than bars, would Nina even make a NCAA team?

Haha, I’ve been having the same thoughts. I’ve always wanted her to get a medal just because I feel bad for the girls that weren’t on the “team”. However it will be really disappointing if she gets gold. Can you imagine the headlines? That would be such a story. I know it’s unlikely she would get gold but it’s certainly not impossible.

The AA is the perfect opportunity for Jade to throw the Carey. I mean what does she have to lose?! She wouldn’t be risking throwing away a FX medal if she messed it up like in FX EF. I would love to see her get it named after her! And that would be one hell of a way to earn a AA medal also! (Not saying she would medal even if she lands it but there’s little risk with potential great reward)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back